[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Sometimes one of my motors won't start...

Sometimes one of my motors won't start...

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Sometimes one of my motors won't start...

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 am

I did my first maiden over the weekend and have noticed sometimes after I arm the hexa one of the motors won't start, if I disarm then re arm it will. It happens randomly with different motors. Not knowing what the cause is, my concern would be one of the motors stopping in flight. Should I post a log?

ESC32 firmware 1.4.3 r32
Tiger motor MN3110-17
AQ 6.8 r233

Thanks in advance

James
Jdmagoo

Re: Sometimes one of my motors won't start...

Postby JussiH » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:26 pm

JussiH

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby shawn.harwood » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:30 am

I got several cheap 800kv 2212 motor from china, I can run them without propeller, but when mounted, they would tried a bit to rotate, but eventually disarmed the esc. I read this post , then up the setting to 1.8v, still no go, should I crank it up even further? Will it cost mechanical damages to the motor? Thank you.
shawn.harwood

Postby LPR » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:00 am

There can be a number of reasons why your motor won't start with prop on it. Did you calibrate the ESC32 for your motor?

Some motors don't work well with the default settings.
LPR

Postby shawn.harwood » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 am

I didnt start the calibration process yet, I was thinking maybe I should get the startup setting right first. Maybe someone here will have advice about how to do it properly.
shawn.harwood

Postby sandmen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 am

Set up the correct poles,
and increase the MAX_PERIOD to Max
after this, you can set up the START_VOLTAGE to ~2.4V
sandmen

Postby LPR » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Shawn

The number of magnets your motor has is the number of poles your motor has. The default Max Amps is 20 amps and should be lowered if your motors if your motor is rated for less amps.

Larry
LPR

Return to ESC32