[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 flashing fail

ESC32 flashing fail

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32 flashing fail

Postby lorda » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to flash the ESC32, but it doesn't work ....

stm32flash - http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Intel HEX
Using Parser : Intel HEX
Serial Config: 57600 8E1

Failed to get init ACK from device

I have tried with windows xp , windows 7 as well Mac OS X...
I have respected the order descripted in the documentation : Connect your FTDI/USB adapter and the boot jumper, then power up the ESC.

thx for helping ....
lorda

Re: ESC32 flashing fail

Postby qalid » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Welcome around Lorda,

Please check the following 4 things, I've a very good feeling that the cause is due to one of them.

Windows 7, QGC 1.2.1 is working fine for flashing the ESC32..
What fw you used?

1. You need to have a jumper at BOOT when flashing ESC32.
2. Does your computer recognizes the UART port, in QGC, can you see the port available?
under flashing, above "com port". You should be able to see something similar to this "silicon labs ... com port xx"
3. What power option you soldered for?
4. Make sure FTDI cable is connected correctly, i.e. gnd to gnd, tx to tx, rx to rx.. etc..

Please also read the ESC32 Q&A thread, you will find many answers there as well..
qalid

Postby lorda » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm

I use QGC 1.2.1.

On the tab esc32, I´m able to arm the esc and get the motor turn (but at a very low speed, can´t change it). But read conf, load default or write conf doesn´t work.

I have the USB UART from flyduino, an flashing the autoquad worked well, so I guess my connection should be okay? The only thing I changed is using the MultiWii connection, the AutoQuad connection doesn´t work at all (no arm of the motor possible).

I´ve soldered the 5V option and power the esc with an 6 Volt battery. I´ve also soldered the pins for the jumper, so the jumper is always connected.

Thanks for your help,
Lorda
lorda

Postby qalid » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Which FW version you tried to flash ESC32 with, I recall having a problem with 2-3 fw versions, please use this one:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=60

Yes, you can't load configurations/can't see the parameters in QGC unless you've the ESC32 flashed! I wasn't able to do so till I flashed the ESC32 successfully with 1.4.3 (above link)

Jumper should be connected ONLY when you want to flash the ESC32. You may remove the pins later once flashed successfully.

The low steady motor speed is OK.

QGC 1.2.1 should work for flashing at least!
qalid

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 am

Jdmagoo

Postby lorda » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi,

thanks for the help, I have found the problem ....
The boot jumper was on the wrong place :/
On the picture was it very bad illustrated...

thx :)

lorda
lorda

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07 pm

kinderkram

Postby lorda » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:43 pm

I had checked the manuals, but at it seems to quickly :) ...
Anyway, thanks for your help (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only who's made that mistake... ;) )

thx

lorda
lorda

Postby Trnquill » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:37 am

I have the same problem as original poster flashing my ESC32. I bought it about month ago, the firmware in the ESC is 1.4.5082 and I'm trying to flash the version linked in this thread 1.4.3 r27 build 5306. I get the same error as in message one, see attachment for screenshot.

I have also done the putty-thing (connect - config default) but it didn't help.

I'm using this adapter: https://viacopter.eu/multirotor-shop/ac ... pter-store
GroundControl software is Version 1.3 BETA 2

EDIT: I got it working! It turned out you need to have the BOOT jumper connected all the time from connecting the power until the firmware flashing is done. This is not what is says in the manual where it is stated that you need to have that jumper shorted only when powering up the device.
Attachments
esc32-flashing-prob.png
Problem falshing ESC32
esc32-flashing-prob.png (17.7 KiB) Viewed 10849 times
Trnquill

Return to ESC32