[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32.txt....

ESC32.txt....

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32.txt....

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Just wondering if there's a way of creating the text file via some kind of export function? Or do I have to write it manually?
Jdmagoo

Re: ESC32.txt....

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 pm

joebar.rc

Postby afernan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:49 am

No way to change the values using "esc32.txt" file method from here:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/esc32/esc ... -autoquad/

I´m in AQ (r220) and ESC32 (r42). I´ve tryed all ú can imaging. ESC32 seems to receive the file (small beep after reset AQ), but parameters don´t load into it. This is what I do.

1.- Create the "esc32.txt". Save into the uSD root
2.- Start AQ and ESC32.
3.- Introduce the uSD and reset the AQ. A beep is done by ESC32

I´m using the params in file attached (taken from the QGC saving params), but also i´ve tryed to writte by hand.

What I´m doing bad?

thanks
Angel
Attachments
esc32.zip
(558 Bytes) Downloaded 647 times
afernan

Postby bluuu » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:35 pm

I trying this feature without success too ...
bluuu

Postby afernan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 pm

The problem I have is that i´ve broken two FDTI copper contacts and I can´t configure the ESC32, so the only solution I can have is to access thru the signal cable.

Any other solution to access the ESC32?
Attachments
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG (53.23 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
afernan

Postby LPR » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Angel

I have three ESC32 with most of the serial header pads torn off the PCB. My solution was to use my very sharp solder tip with very fine solder and wire wrap wire to connect to the the copper trace that led to the pads. After I soldered the wire on I use hot glue hold the wire to the PCB. Then I connect the wires to a set of header pins with 4 cm of wire in between the PCB and header.

You can use epoxy glue to glue the one pin you need after you have a very thin wire solder on the header pin. After the glue dries solder the wire on the trace.

I was able to flash all three ESCs with new firmware.

Larry
LPR

Postby afernan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Larry:

could you send me some photo? I can try that but looks too skill for me.

Anyone has got to load fw thru the signal cable connection (as suposed to be done with the ESC32.txt method?
afernan

Postby LPR » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Angel

It's not too pretty but works.

I need to use my microscope to see that I made good connections.

You could just glue the one header pin with a small wire attached to the ESC and after the glue dries solder the wire to the trace.

Larry
Attachments
IMG_20131204_065755_426.jpg
LPR

Postby afernan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 am

@Larry: thanks for the image. Not too bad! (I couldn´t do better, for sure)

I´m powering directly with the battery, so I guess I only need 3 cables: Tx,Rx and gnd.

Angel
afernan

Return to ESC32