[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Issue with one of the ESC32 in PWM mode, keeps beeping

Issue with one of the ESC32 in PWM mode, keeps beeping

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Issue with one of the ESC32 in PWM mode, keeps beeping

Postby trypt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 pm

I have a issue with one of my ESC32s. It just keeps beeping when PWM input and open_loop mode. It starts up fine when I set it into RPM mode.

See the video below

Any ideas what it could be? I have tried different PWM outputs from the AQ board that work with the other ESC32s. This ESC has the same configuration settings as the rest of the working ones.
trypt

Re: Issue with one of the ESC32 in PWM mode, keeps beeping

Postby trypt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm

it seems to start up OK sometimes when I give it throttle thru the AQ, but goes back to beeping again when lowering the throttle.

trypt

Postby bn999 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm

bn999

Postby trypt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 am

Here is from the telemetry

I can't find anything wrong. I can also put it in open_loop mode and enter "pwm 1300" etc from CLI without problems.

I´m starting to think the beeping is because the engine is constantly trying to stop and start? It does not disarm. So it is perhaps noise on the PWM signal causing the ESC to constantly start and stop when the S/N ratio get to high (when turning throttle off?) I dont have any scope here so I cant check the waveform.

If I use a PWM output from AQ that is inactive nothing happends to the ESC, but as soon as I put the output in the motor mixing table it starts to beep.

I have removed the heatshrink and tried with a different PWM wire away from the power wire, no change. I find it really strange that this only happends to one of the ESCs (some sort of bad shielding on it?)

Would it be an idea to try with different PWM_LO_VALUE and PWM_MIN_START parameters?
trypt

Postby trypt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 am

Wohoo! The issue went away when I configured PWM_MIN_START to 980 (the issue was present at 970). Is it OK to use this setting? Maybe I should configure it for all of the ESCs?.
trypt

Postby bn999 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 am

There could be something wrong with the clocking on the ESC such that it is measuring time incorrectly. Personally, I would not trust it unless I knew what was wrong and fixed it or replaced it.
bn999

POSSIBLE SOLUTION!

Postby ThreeDee » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 am

Hi bn999,

I had the same problem a few days ago. I flashed and configured the ESC32 and then calibrate it.
By typing in the current limiter values I make a mistake and entered another zero to the resistance of the shut.
Instead of 0.5 milliohms I used 0.05 milliohms. After change to the right value (0.5) the esc32 runs without beeping.

I hope this helps you!

Regards Nils
ThreeDee

Return to ESC32