[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 disarms on rapid speed changes

ESC32 disarms on rapid speed changes

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 disarms on rapid speed changes

Postby bn999 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 pm

bn999

Postby johandm_be » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 pm

johandm_be

Postby johandm_be » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi bn999,

I have been trying to send you a PM with details about the shipment, but for some reason it does not go out. When I go to User Control Panel, Private Messages, It shows I have 2 messages in my outbox but they seem to stay there instead of going to the "sent" folder.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Can you PM me a regular email address where I can contact you on?

Thanks & kind regards,
Johan.
johandm_be

Postby bn999 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Here are the graphs for the calibration of the Hengli 42-25 390Kv.

First with HK 15x5.5CF:

w42-25 390Kv RCT15x5.5CF R2V.png
w42-25 390Kv RCT15x5.5CF R2V.png (21.84 KiB) Viewed 8020 times

w42-25 390Kv RCT15x5.5CF CL.png
w42-25 390Kv RCT15x5.5CF CL.png (58.65 KiB) Viewed 8020 times

And the HK 17x5.5CF:

w42-25 390Kv HK17.5x5CF R2V.png
w42-25 390Kv HK17.5x5CF R2V.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 8020 times

w42-25 390Kv HK17.5x5CF CL.png
w42-25 390Kv HK17.5x5CF CL.png (58.12 KiB) Viewed 8020 times
bn999

Postby simon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi, I've tested ESC32 with NTM 3536A (up to 40A) motor and also encountered the same behaviour - disarming on full throttle (or rapid change), when directly connected to the receiver.
I thought it was due increasing the current limit to 30A(in fact it also was), but as it turned out the voltage on the receiver dropped to 4,6V (ESC was powered from the receiver). On steady 5V it runs perfectly. The more amps motor takes, the more You need to feed to the ESC.
After I've encountered this for the first time, I've tried to calibrate the ESC32 and thought that it is happening again - but it is normal behaviour that the procedure ends abruptly (in disarmed state).
simon

Postby bluuu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Try to twist wires (signal) from FC to ESCs.

Next step is soldering 10nF caps between signal and +5V pads on ESCs (solution from this forum). Search "unexpected motor stop" topic.
bluuu

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Simon

You should have better luck powering the ESC32 MCU from the AQ board.
In the third post on this thread I gave you steps to follow while calibrating the ESC32. Step 3 explains that to do if the ESC32 disarm while running calibration.
If you have an amp meter it would be best to measure the max amps your motor and prop takes with your battery. Always use less amps then your motor and prop take a full throttle for both calibrating and the Max Amp setting.

Larry
LPR

Postby simon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 am

Bluuu and Larry,
Thank You for your replies. I've tested the ESC32 connected to the receiver before hooking it up to the AQ. Now everything is fine, just mentioned it in case someone with disarming ESC hasn't checked the power source supplying its logic side(like me:).
simon

Previous

Return to ESC32