[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - issue with initialisation

issue with initialisation

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

issue with initialisation

Postby goose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Hey guys :D ,
I'm new to the programming and what not with the esc's and fc's and I am having trouble getting started with the first power up of the esc32 :roll: . I followed the instructions and from what I did I think its all correct but when i power up with 5v from the receiver the red led flashes continuously. i have an Frsky TFR6 which is 7 channel and runs the futaba fasst system. I also used a corona rc R4FA fasst receiver. i though maybe the outputs may be to low so I hooked it up to my nanowii control board at first I didn't even get the led to light up. i used a multimeter and had 2.43v across the signal and ground turminals and nothing from power. so i then jumped it off another channel in my receiver for 5v power and still used the signal coming from the nanowii. Still no luck :( . I have done some research but could not find much information on this.

if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Zac
goose

Re: issue with initialisation

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Zac

It sounds like your trying to use the ESC32 with a nanowii flight controller. Are you just testing the ESC32 with the nanowii or planning to use them with the $20 nanowii ?
You can connect the ESC32 directly to a PWM channel on the receiver. To go the green light on the ESC32 you need to have a PWM signal has less than a 1000 micro second pluse. Many Tx/ Rx systems have greater then 1000 micro second pulse. If you lower the throttle you have a chance of getting a green light.

If you still can not get a green led you have to set the parameter on the ESC32 to higher then 1000 us (microseconds) for PWM Lo Value. On all of my Tx/Rx systems 1050 us works.

Larry
LPR

Postby goose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:21 pm

I have the flyduino (genuine) nanowii which was 30.90 euro and that is what i want to run it with for a quadcopter. i have tried in several ports, serveral tx modes and several receivers and it still just flashes red. I will have a fiddle with the parameters i think. will any usb uart adapter do, HK have one but they are out of stock but i no flyduino have them

thanks
goose

Postby goose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm

So i was just talking to a mate and he said to max out my end points/travel adjustment and it went solid green (at full throttle but as soon as i back off it goes red again, any ideas
goose

Postby JussiH » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 pm

JussiH

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:28 pm

goose

Here's a link that will also help you.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=40&p=1048&hilit=nanowii#p1048
LPR

Postby goose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 pm

thanks a lot guys, very helpful.
I have changed the mwc settings but now have to wait for my usb-uart interface to arrive from flyduino so i can change the esc32 settings. warthox also gave me this link which pretty much tells me the same thing. unfortunatly the forum wont let me share the link because im such a new member
goose

Return to ESC32