[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

Postby ThreeDee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi all,

i´ve a problem with the calibration of my esc32. I do the calibration like here:

After calibration run ends I saw the new calibrated data of the current limiter (1-5) on screen.
Then I clicked on "write config" and the MessageBox appears "The values are transmitted to Esc32! Do you want to store the para into ROM?" I clicked "YES"!

After that I disconnected and reconnected by software button, as descriped in the manual.
But there were the old values shown! The Groundstation haven´t wrote the cal. values to the esc.

Is there someone with an idea whats going on there?

My config:

- ESC32 with SW Version 1.4.1 Build 5251 ( HW jumper is set to V5 (5Volts) )
- Q Ground Control v1.0.2 beta
- FTDI adapter from flyduino ((working well and set to 5V VCC) Connected pins GND -> GND; 5V -> 5V; TX -> RX; RX ->TX)

Regards,

Nils
ThreeDee

Re: ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

Postby LPR » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Nils

The AQ is still a new autopilot and a few things are not quite as good as they should be. If your motors take under 20 amps you do not have to calibrate the ESC32.

With trail and error I found the you need to disconnect the QGCS and close it. Then disconnect the power to the ESC32 and then reconnect the power and start the QGCS.

Then set the Max amps lower or at the amp setting you used to calibrate. If you leave Max amps at 0.0 that will give you no current limiting and that's not a good thing.

Larry
LPR

Postby ThreeDee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Hey Larry,

thank you for your fast response!

I use the RC Tiger Motor MT2216-11 900KV with MaxxProd EPP 10x45 props. The max. continous current is
specified with 20Amp. @ 4S and 180 seconds of test duration. I set the current limit for the calibration routine to 20 Amp. too.

So, I understand right, in my case there is no need to do the calibration routine?

Nils
ThreeDee

Postby LPR » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Nils

The new 1.1.1 QGC is supposed to work to calibrate ESC32 but not 1.1.0 QGC.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2077

Here's the steps I use to calibrate the ESC32. They will be updating the ESC32 calibration soon. You do not have to calibrate the ESC32 if your motor and prop combination takes less than 20 amps. To have maximum performance calibration is necessary

After many tries to calibrate with the windows QGC I found it does work but a few things have to be done a certain way.

1. Flash the ESC32 with the newest firmware.

2. Set the calibrate amps a little lower or at the maximum amps your motor will use with your prop and battery.
Don't bother setting the Max amps in the upper right hand corner till after you calibrate.

3. Now run the calibrations. If the motor stops while making an odd noise or loud noise you should run the calibration again with a lower calibration amp setting.

4. After calibrating both the RPM and the current limit you must recycle the power to the ESC32. Make sure you unplug the main power to the ESC32 first and then the MC if it is powered separately.

5. I close the QGC, then plug in the USB, then connect main power and then restart the QGC.

6. Now set the Max amps at the same setting as you had for calibrate amps or less, but not higher.

7. I find you can test the calibration by starting the motor and then increase the RPM by moving the slider and then click on "Set RPM".

8. If the motor will jump from start to full throttle without disarming the ESC32 has been calibrated with a low enough amp setting to not disarm in flight.

9. If the motor stops when testing, recalibrate at a lower calibrate amps and test again.

Your motor will draw more current if you fly in very cold and dry air. If you don't fly in cold weather using an amp setting the same as the motor takes at maximum throttle should work ok and give the fastest change in RPMs.
Last edited by LPR on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby LPR » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Nils

It's always good to search a forum for info on your project.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=654&p=2919&hilit=Tiger+Motor+MT2216#p2919

Larry
LPR

Postby ThreeDee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Okay, i´ll try the newer QGC version and then calibrate again like in your steps, because I want to have the maximum performance and stability for my hexa.

Oh, thanks for the link... sometimes I didn´t see the simple things... sorry! ;)

Now I´m going to test the new version. I write later a status from calib.
ThreeDee

Postby LPR » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Nils

I hope you looked at the last post and see the timing setting they used with your motor. The Tiger motors because of their high poll count need to use different timing then most other motors.

:arry
LPR

Postby ThreeDee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm

I looked up the thread you send me. 25 degrees of advance I see... I´ll consider this!
By the way, I downloaded the newest QGC version (1.1.1) for windows, but I got an Error by trying to unzip it.
"The archive either has an incorrect format or it is damaged" <-- Whats that? I tryed winrar and win zip -> no chance!
Size of the archive is 65,72MB...
ThreeDee

Postby LPR » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 am

Nils

If your on a forum and you have a project or a broblem search it.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am

Nils

There was some problem for windows 8 but the newest version is suppose to work.
LPR

Next

Return to ESC32