[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 doesn´t save calibration config...

Postby ThreeDee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:07 am

I searched the forum and found under the Bugs and Issues in GCS 1.1.1 thread a direct link .

This archive is working but not the zip archive in the download section!
I just want to give you this response, don´t think I´m to stupid to use the search function please...

My system is Win7 64bit Professional.
ThreeDee

Postby LPR » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:33 pm

I think I was the one who was being a little stupid. Sorry
LPR

Postby ThreeDee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Hey Larry,

no problem, we all working towards the same goal, right?! ;) I´am grateful for your response and reviews! :)
Once back to the QGC 1.1.1 for windows. Can you or someone else download and extract the zip archive
from the download section? I tried 3 different computers, with ever the same result -> can´t extract the package!
... strange! ...

Today I calibrated my MT2216-11 Motor. I started with an advance of 10.0 degrees and a switching freq. of about 20.0 khz up to the values from the thread you post. At 25 degrees I had big problems with start up. For me the default values (10deg, 20khz) are fine for the first tests. RPM/Voltage and Current Limiter Calibration is now finished and all works fine. :)
ThreeDee

Postby LPR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 am

Nils

It's great to hear you could calibrate the ESC32 for your motors. It was quite the project for me to get through.

Your problem with QGCS is easy to solve I think. If you read the extra instructions given in the dowmload for the AutoQuad QGCS you'll see:

■AQ Ground Control Station for Windows - Version 1.1.1
QGroundControl for AutoQuad setup and configuration software for Windows. Release notes available. If you have trouble downloading using the Download button on the left, try using this "direct link" instead.

For me one computer worked well with the normal download and the other computer I needed to use the direct link.

Go to the download page and chick on "direct link".

You'll get use to finding info here. Just read everything five or ten times.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby JussiH » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi

We are aware this is a problem and its beeing worked on. I cant give you an ETA on it, since it has proven to be a bit more difficult than we originally opted for to port this to windows.

Anyone capable of it should consider to build a Ubuntu stick and use that for ESC32 calibration. Its really not very hard. You will also be able to get a plot from the calibration that will help to verify the results.

If you take a look at the source for ESC32, you will find a file called esc32_motor_db.xml - It contains all verified motor prop combinations used by team members and beta testers. A lot of commonly used motors can be found in there.

If you have a special motor and prop you would like to see make it into the motor database, I am gonna offer that you can send it to me, and I will run the calibrations here on my test stand and add the data into the database.

I am sorry but that is the best we can do for now. It is a priority to get this working properly under windows.
JussiH

Postby Lindbaergh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

LPR,

again you made my day. I had a lot of trouble with saving values to the esc32. the 'upper right' max current is always set to 0 on save, after reconnect. inspired from your tips i found a way to secure save the data to the esc. i use gqs v 1.01 rc18 and push write first, than disconnect the FTDI. the next time i connect the FTDI and push connect all values are back the way they should.
Lindbaergh

Postby LPR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Great to here that I helped. I think the QGC ESC32 calibration works well If you learn all it's idiosyncrasies.

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to ESC32