[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC not arming/running on PWM

ESC not arming/running on PWM

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC not arming/running on PWM

Postby ragedavis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey there!

I´m having a little trouble with my brandnew ESC32´s:
When connected to a PWM signal, the red LED keeps on blinking, though a proper PWM signal is provided (tested with different recievers/FC´s, crosschecked with other esc´s/servos on the same recievers).
I even tried modifying PWM_MIN_PERIOD (2000) and PWM_MIN_VALUE (900) (yes, I took the time to read the manual...;-)), but this did not work either.
They work just fine when connected to QGC (arming/disarming, starting/stoping).

Since I´m new to this ESC, I´ve no idea what is going wrong (I even don´t know how to figure out, which firmware- version is installed on the ESC´s).

Please help, I´m stuck...
Rage
ragedavis

Re: ESC not arming/running on PWM

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 pm

chschmid

Postby ragedavis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Unfortunately I can´t give too much info on the PWM signal I send to the ESC, it usually comes from a Jeti Duplex reciever.
I hooked it to my MultiWii FC, and configured the transmitter tosend values from 1000 to 2000 in the MultiWiiConfig.
But since it should work out of the box with a servo tester I´m a little confused.

Greetings
Rage
ragedavis

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 am

Autoset should work with pw 1000 - 2000 ms.
Maybe you have the signal upside down.

Jeti spec:
Jeti RX.png

Best

Christof
chschmid

Postby ragedavis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

I´m not sure wether I have a regular or an upside down signal on the jeti reciever (I surely did not configure anything like that!). I also tried to connect the ESC to a E14 reciever form those stoneage analog times, which does not provide any configuration options, but the result still is the same.
For tonight, I plan on making a firmware update (since I still haven´t figured out, which firmware is running on my ESC´s) so I can be sure it´s not an outdated firmware causing the trouble.

Greetings
Rage
ragedavis

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Rage
ESC32 work out of the box. Maybe you can reverse the TH signal on your Tx.
chschmid

Postby ragedavis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm

I will try that as well, thanks for the hint!

Greetings
Rage
ragedavis

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:47 pm

JussiH

Postby ragedavis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello Jussi!

Thanks for this information, I´ve already found the according hint in the tutorial for the settings when combining MultiWii and ESC32. I tried setting DEFAULT_PWM_MIN_PERIOD to 2000 via QGC, but this did not chance anything.
I also tried to hook the ESC directly to 3 different recievers so far, all connected to a different transmitter.
I even tried with a simple, Arduino based servotester, but nothing seems to work.

To keep this thread up to date:
I tried to reverse my throttle channel, as well as a firmware- update, but neither of these procedures changed anything, green LED keeps dark, red one is blinking continously as soon as the µC is powered up.
ragedavis

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 pm

My bad...didnt read the OP good enough.

Have you only tried 1 ESC? There could be a chance that its a dud, in which case it will be replaced...pls try another.

If the problem persists over several ESC´s, I will have to ask you to send them back for replacement and further examination.
JussiH

Next

Return to ESC32