[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flashing Error and ESC gets hot

Flashing Error and ESC gets hot

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Flashing Error and ESC gets hot

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am

Hi!

I just wanted to flash my 4 ESC32 three of them went fine but one keeps me struggling; Every time I try to flash it the Programm returns the following message:

read_byte: No error
SERIAL_ERR_NODATA

Assertion failed: 0, file stm32.c, line 94

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Does not matter if the Board is powerd by the main battery or the FTDI Port tryed both. And yes the boot - jumper is set!
The other three worked fine!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Boris
CaptainPlanetHD

Re: Flashing Error and ESC gets hot

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Ok i can precise it more: The Voltage Regulator and most the resistance R7 gets really hot!

On the Picture the gegulator in the upper left and the resistance directly right next to it surrounded in green.
Attachments
20121016_133302.jpg
CaptainPlanetHD

Postby JussiH » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Do you have the battery ground hooked directly to FDTI ground? That can possibly create a gound-loop and explain why the ESC gets hot. Try and flash, just using a FDTI-cable and supplying 5V from that.

Has the ESC worked previously, or was this the first time you tried it? If its dud, it will be replaced!

What kind of battery power are you supplying to the ESC? If its more than 3S, the LDO will heat up considerably when stepping down >12V to 3.3V
JussiH

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Jussi,

no, that just looks as if ground of the ftdi is connected to ground of the ESC. It is another wire coming from the AQ just lying under the pins while taking the photo... I have powered it with a 3s lipo. I tried setting the 5v from FTDI pind and just flashing with the FTDI cable that does not work either. When i choose this powering method and connect the ftdi cable to the ESC32 the computer makes the USB unpluging sound.

The resistor R7 gets so hot that you cannot touch while powering from main battery, the other three ESCs are just slightly warm.
No, it has not worked since yet - because I was not able to flah any firmware.
I could try and measure the voltage regulator while powering. which values should be measured from the 4 pins?

Thanks
Boris
CaptainPlanetHD

Postby JussiH » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Ok, send me an Email on info(at)viacopter.eu, with your order number and we will work out a replacement ESC.

I will need you to send the dodgy one back for examination.
JussiH

Postby merryflip » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 am

well, we are much obliged to you for your sharing. That's cool I know, that's really cool.
merryflip

Postby Lindbaergh » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi, i flashed the firmware of 8 new esc32. on 7 of them everything is working fine, but one shows exactly the same behaviour as described by CaptainPlanetHD. i cant flash the firmware, nor i can connect and arm it or read parameters , on the other seven it works perfect. and exactly the same spot on the board is getting hot. i was using a sparkfun FTDI and have nothing else connected. unfortunately i was not that clever an keep the defect one, for a closer investigation.

regards Michael
Lindbaergh

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Welcome Michael!
What ya mean? Did you throw it away? :o
I mean ... if it's defective you'll get replacement.
kinderkram

Postby Lindbaergh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Thank you for the welcome.
it was an overall 'unclever' evening :) . after i found that one esc is not working, i just go to jussis webshop and order 2 new esc, dont thought about returning the old one. Jussi shipped the new ones so i look further to complete the copter and have a nice maiden soon ;).
Lindbaergh

Return to ESC32