[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby TFSyth » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:51 am

Will there be plans for the ESC32 to support the 1 meter class hexa/octopters, like the Tarot T960 or T15, that use 2-3 6S 5000mah Lipos, 17-18" props, and 320-340kv motors? the voltages will be over 20v limit?
TFSyth

Postby Astudillo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 am

On rcgroups i read the AQ team is working on a 10s esc concept
Astudillo

Postby kinderkram » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 am

We do have a lot of plans for 2014! :D
But notten for the public yet.
Bill only amazes us internally by demonstrating the upcoming features of the ESC32v3, already working on the protos.
No ETA for production...
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 am

When is expected to have available again regular ESC32? (no available since long time in shops Flyduino and Viacopter)

I need 4x! Anyone have someones to shell?

Angel
afernan

Postby jy0933 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:13 am

Can I get clarification on a few parameters and procedures?

1. about rpm/volt calibration for rpm close loop
does it make any difference if I use a lab power supply(with enough current output) setting to 12.6v for a 3s setup calibration? (comparing to using a lipo which will drop voltage during calibration)

2. about parameters.... just pure confusion
and my understand of them on the back

PWM_MIN_VALUE ... pwm above this value is consider arm-able?
PWM_LO_VALUE......same as tx's/fc 0 throttle in pwm
PWM_HI_VALUE.......same as tx's/fc 100% throttle in pwm

when trying close loop.. something in these 2 make some difference at start up. but still wanting some clarification to make sure not burning the esc out.

PWM_MIN_START.... set the number to RPM_A/(PWM_RPM_SCALE)*(PWM_HI_VALUE-PWM_LO_VALUE)+PWM_LO_VALUE
START_VOLTAGE.....set to the voltage (read from v2rpm calibration) that the first RPM(RPM_A) when the motor starts spinning at.

3. something on the side

if I enable active breaking in my attempt of rpm mode. the caps(50v-470uf) that I used heats up pretty decently, the cap lead even cut thru the heat shrink. that doesnt look normal to me.
the setup was mt2208 with 8050prop/9050prop.

thanks for your time on helping me out on this.
jy0933

Postby EtheAv8r » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 am

EtheAv8r

Postby JussiH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 am

We do have them available at viacopter and flyduino. Recent versions has the CAN transceiver mounted from factory by default.
JussiH

Postby EtheAv8r » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 am

OK no problem. Just saw the request and thought I would offer. As it is not necessary now, no problem.
EtheAv8r

Postby Astudillo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey Guy's

Yesterday i was flying my hexa, i was flying backwards and steering slightly to the right when suddenly motor 3 stopt working and it crashed. Luckily i was flying at about 2 meters, and just one prop was damaged. I then checked if the motor was damaged, didn't seem so. and i spinned up the motors slightly and they all worked fine.
So i went went home and replaced the propeller, connected the esc32 from motor 3 to the computer.
Checked the parameters and the where the same als the other motors. Then i armed the esc with the QGC 1.3.1 and started the motor. The motor tried to spin but was just wiggling and making a lot of noise. I pushed stop button but smoke was already coming out of the motor. So i removed the battery and went outside with my hexa. I noticed the frame arm was really hot as well. So i let the machine cool down outside for a while before taking it apart. Before i started disassembling the machine i already thought i would have burned out the esc as well. But that wasn't the case at first sight.
I checked if i could see some burned parts on the pcb, but it looked fine to me.

So i connected it to the computer, and it read all parameters fine. Being a little bit scared to spin up an other motor within the QGC, i used the AQ. The motor spinned up sort of, but was stalling and still making a weird noise. So i reflashed the firmware(6180), but still the same problem, i also replaced the Capacitor. But still no luck.
I also filmed the motor with a good working esc, and the faulty one.

With the faulty esc it sometimes also refuses to give a beeb when powering down the motor and gives a ticking sound to the motor.

Does anyone have any clue what happend here?

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby JussiH » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Sounds to me like a short on the motor or some commutation or startup problem. Hard to tell after the motor was burned...

In the video - is the same motor or 2 different motors? Have you tried the "bad" ESC on another motor to rule out motor failure?

Post your ESC params, pls.

Did you calibrate the ESC´s to the motor and prop combination?
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32