[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby Volver » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Volver

Postby JussiH » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:48 pm

You can´t feed the main board 6V, it needs at least 7-8 to work reliably. Max is 18V. Do you have a good reason not to feed the main battery directly to the FC? (like using 5S or more?)

You can feed 6V to PWM header on ESC32 if you have the powerselection jumper set to "5V". In this case the voltage you feed to the PWM or UART header is then fed to a 3.3V LDO that in turn powers the logic side of ESC32.

I would not leave out the ground wire on the ESC´s and servos, but otherwise its OK.

Depending on how much stuff you need to drive, you could consider replacing the Recom between the uSD slot and the Ublox with a beefier 6V recom. The current one is rated 5V/1.5A and is used to drive the servos and the supply for the uSD slot. So there is no problems in adding a 6V here, in fact Bill conceived this as an option to begin with.
JussiH

Postby LPR » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:16 am

Jussi

I would like to get the best performance I can out of the ESC32. Are people using RPM control and does it improve performance?

Larry
LPR

Postby Volver » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Volver

Postby bn999 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:14 pm

bn999

Postby boriss » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi, just setting up four ESC32 for my TBS NAZA quad. I wasn't fast enough to get one of the AQ6 FCs so trying it for now with NAZA.

I have a couple question hope they are not to basic.

ESCs are setup and ready to be installed. I not to sure what configuration steps i should take. I guess that the calibration feature is only in combination with AQ6 and has not use with a NAZA controller ?

I will be using http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?pag ... &line=GOLD AXI 2217/20 any recommendations what else i should change in the parameters except maybe the current limiter for these motors in combination with the NAZA FC ?

Thanks !

Boris

photo 2.JPG

The attachment photo 1.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
boriss

Postby boriss » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 am

hmm concerning Vb or V5 and powering the logic side. I really don't want to bring a UBec into the equation on a FPV bird
were the more components the more noise etc. Vb is defiantly not possible with 4s ?

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby Kisssys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:44 am

Use V5 and plug them into the Naza, it has 5 volts on the motor outputs and it should handle 200 ma for 4 esc's
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby boriss » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 am

Ah great thanks didnt know the naza hab 5 volts output on M1...M6.

Boris
boriss

Postby LPR » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:39 am

Does anyone have experience with a ESC32 in closed loop RPM control. Will the ESC32 keep a motor at a constant RPM with a varying load like you would get from a VPP prop?

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32