[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby superwxm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 am

superwxm

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi,

I am planning my next AQ copter, and I plan to use ESC32.
My configuration will most probably be based on 4S.
Now reading the whole documentation some questions araised.
Most could be answered searching through the forum, but at least there is one I could not find any answer to.
The documentation says:
<QUOTE>
When using the 5V option to you must always DISCONNECT MAIN INPUT FIRST
before disconnecting the 5V power to PWM or UART interface – disconnecting
5V while the main is still powered can damage the ESC.
</QUOTE>

Does that mean that I should have a separate power source for powering the 5V to PWM or UART interface?
Or is it enough if disconnecting the lipo, all power is disconnected at once?
I think the second one is the answer, as I do not expect people to have an additional power source beside the Lipo on their copter, but I want to make sure I have it rightbefore starting.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Trnquill » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:51 am

Trnquill

Postby strips » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm making a new build. Concidering ESC32 but only rated to 5S. Whats the reason it can't take 6S? Cooling?
strips

Postby bn999 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Gate driver limitation. Don't try it as it will blow up.
bn999

Postby strips » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks. Need to find some other ESCs then :(
strips

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Any information when v3 of the ESC32 will be available?
I have heard that there have been quite alot of improvments made to the new version v3 of the ESC32 and I am now waiting for them to be out, to order them for my new folding Quadrocopter with AQ and DIMU.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby JussiH » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:24 pm

There is no deadline set on it, but it is a priority. A small beta production batch is about to be put into team hands for wider testing, and if it pans out ok, we will move them to real production.
JussiH

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi Jussi,

if I understand you correctly, this means a few more weeks or even months before it will be available to the public.
I might then have to go with v2 instead, would be a pitty, but waiting at least two or three more months would be too much and would mean my new copter would only be ready in the autumn, when the time for flying will be reduced.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby JussiH » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Could be weeks, could be months - Depends really on how this team beta pans out. Consider it "not imminently available" at this time.

At the moment, three team members have handbuilt and flown V3´s, so we need a bit more broad testing, and that is what this beta batch is all about. If it pans out, we can immediately move into fullscale production of them, but if problems arise, there will be delays....thats really the best I can say about it for now.
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32