[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby Bobbydog » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:57 am

Bill, thanks for clarifying. Probably best to set a limit regardless, although in all my years of flying I've never given any of my heli or multis full throttle during flight so no worries there. MK CL works in the same way, slightly reducing power if a motor draws a preset amount of amps but will not completely shut down an engine. I'm just so fearful of CL because of my MK experience.

I see a lot of stories in the MK forum of pilots experiencing random loss of control for no rhyme or reason, I bet more than half is due to CL kicking in on one of the ESCs reducing power (not killing power) to that engine which obviously will cause the multi to lose control, especially if it's a quad. In the process of trying to recover the out of control multi, you'll probably at some point give more throttle making the problem worse.

Also, I think there is a high chance that the average multi setup has at least one engine that draws slightly more amps than the other engines and most pilots are unaware, so I think it's probably best to set the CL with enough headroom ;)
Bobbydog

Postby cobda » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi guys,
i dont know if i´am in the right thread. If not feel free to move this post.
I´am kind of a noob. Just started to set up an octocopter with a friend of mine.
We want to use the axi 2814/22 .

Is there anybody out there who uses axi 2814/22 with the ESC32 ??
Any experience ??
cobda

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The Axis should run fine on the ESC32 since we have 2 other Axi models (and the Avroto 2814/22) in our database.
kinderkram

Postby cobda » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
Once we got everything running we´ll post it here.
cobda

Postby Bobbydog » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi, would the Axi 2826/12 be in your database? This is the engine I plan to use. Is ESC32 i2C stable? I'm an MK user patiently waiting for ESC32!
Bobbydog

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Atm we only have 2 Axis approved in the db:
http://code.google.com/p/esc32/source/b ... svn11&r=11
But you could also use them with the ESC32 default settings.

I2C is being worked on. In general it runs but there are still some bugs to be ironed out.
kinderkram

Postby Bobbydog » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Do you see any reason why the Axi 2826/12 would not be a good match for ESC32? Or is it that they just have not been tested? Thank you.
Bobbydog

Postby kinderkram » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

They've not yet been tested. We can only take motor/prop combos to the database that either one of the team members of one tester have calibrated.
kinderkram

Postby ApoC » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 am

Hey ppl

Now im here too, have not the hardware, but hope, i get it till weekend. ;)

So i have to ask some about the esc32.

My plan is, using the esc32 on my fpv quad. I only fly 3S, so i can solder the "vb", and all should be okay. so thats what i understand here.

I have to do a calibration run on my motor / prop combo, right? (would be a robbe roxxy 2827-34 and a graupner 11 x 5 prop)
The max current of the motor is 10A. So i have to do the calibration, or not? I would like to have the best performance on this combo.

And what is with CL? Some ppl say, its better not using it, in my oppinion, the quad would be flip, if e.g. one ESC32 slow down the motor, or? So can i change max current to 12 amps, without killin my motor? Would the motor draw more as 10A, if the ESC make that possible?(e.g. 12A max current)
ApoC

Postby kinderkram » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 am

You don't need to calibrate the ESCs. You can use them as-is.
The default max current is set to 20Amp so no need to change anything when using your motors.
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32