[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad Bottle test PID

Autoquad Bottle test PID

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Autoquad Bottle test PID

Postby Kisssys » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 pm

I've been putting some time on my new Quad prior to converting it to L1. The PID's need to be tweaked a little but it fly's pretty good overall. The bottle weighs 510 grams and is hung on the landing gear which is at half the boom length. I was a little timid on putting on the weight the first time but it handles a 30 percent increase in weight half way out the boom
fairly well. When I picked the bottle up off the ground it took 3/4 throttle to get it up. It would hold position better if I was out in the open. I new the outcome may not be good at the end but just had to see.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: Autoquad Bottle test PID

Postby LPR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:45 pm

LPR

Postby kinderkram » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Wow! That was pre-L1??? Amazing.

Love the "stupid stuff" - gave me a good laugh. :lol:
Thx, Steve!
kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Steve -

That was both impressive and entertaining. Thanks!

- Felix
GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Whats amazing is how fast the AQ adjusts.

I've included the LOG_MOT_ROLL and my left and right motor plots. I forgot to put in a fresh battery so I was down around 14.7 volts.
Attachments
Bottle3.JPG
Bottle2.JPG
BottleMotor.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:18 pm

kinderkram

Postby teramax » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby Kisssys » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 am

Hi Marcus,

The default PID's are always pretty close, These are what I use on most of my machines, with the Factor Throttle getting tweeked first.

Cheers
Steve
Attachments
TiltYawPIDsettings.JPG
NavigationAltitudeHoldPID.JPG
SpecialSettings.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby LPR » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 am

Steve

It's really nice to see some PIDs to get me started.

The highest tilt angle P I can use with the octo is 45 the rest of the default settings work ok. If P is increased then I get oscillations.

The PID settings are quite different then I’m use to but they work well. If you increase Tilt rate P the rate the octo can tilt is decreased. If you use negative numbers for P the Tilt rate is increased. Zero, the default Tilt rate P seems to work well. The same goes for Tilt rate D the more you increase it the more it the octo tilts freely.

I did take the octo outside for a few minuets and tried position hold. To my surprise it held in one place with very little movement! This is going to amazing fun.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 am

I found the settings for the AQ board were not completely correct ever though it flew quite well. I was confused to why the the "IMU_ROT xx" did not seem to make any difference that the setting was. I found that if you change the "IMU_ROT xx" setting you must reboot the board for the setting to make a difference. I had it set to 12.25 when it should of been -12.5. Now it's even more stable then it was and now it flies very well with default setting.
There's a lot to learn but you can bet if it's not flying extortionately well you have done something wrong.

Today the octo was able to fly in 25 MPH wind in position hold. It did very well even though I still have to add foam to the barometer.

Larry
LPR

Return to AQ Media Showcase