[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Postby Flyduino_Paul » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:54 pm

can imagine its a servo problem, are those digital and can they keep up with the frequency on the AQ servo outputs?
Flyduino_Paul

Postby chschmid » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:39 am

These are some of the fastest digital servos. The 254 is normally used for heli gyros. 0.06s/60° @ 5V
I am working on a change of the Gimbal CG to reduce the "holding force". Maybe that helps.
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am

Ok, here is my latest release of the 2 axis gimbal. I reduced the rollaxis by a factor of 1.67 to achieve 30° with 45° servo turn. Tis setup works very nice.

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

Best

Christof
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh, the joys of a CNC machine!
Very good looking gimbal you made, Christof. Now for some onboard vids... ;)
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks for the flowers

When I started this project, I thougt I can make a nice gimbal, lighter, more precise and less expensive than whats sold. Since then I produced three proof of concepts and cut a lot of CF sheets. The goal less expensive is gone since a long time :lol:. The other goals are still up :D. Now the concept is not too bad, but the look does not convince me yet. Furthermore I am struggling with the CG. I had to add some 30Gr of lead to 3 arms to keep the hexa balanced. More to come, also some videos as soon as I have the hexa mixing table right.

Best Christof
chschmid

Postby ThinMan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello!

Nice gimbal, what is the weight of this?

ThinMan
ThinMan

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi Thinman
I will put it on the scale when I take it down the next time for upgrades.

Best

Christof
chschmid

Postby ThinMan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah, thank you.

I construct and build a gimbal too, but i can`t upload pictures here. It`s work not.

First, i have one 3d-picture of it and when assembled than i can make photos (1 or 2 weeks).

Sorry, for my english, come from german and my school is long time ago.

ThinMan
ThinMan

Re: Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa, Gimbal

Postby chschmid » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Here is my final Gimbal version 3. The consruction seems to be rigid enough, no play in the axis and the GC for both axis is more or less where it should be. The new mounting system will allow an adjustment for different cams with different weights. Mid Jan 13 I can try the new toy if the wheater is right.

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:53 am

You guys are amazing.
Another great gimbal! The "handmade" parts are incredible and the bearing holders fit very well.
Looks like your cam will swing smoothly in them.
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase