[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Postby kinderkram » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm

2 gimbals - to be precise.
Looks all well thought and machined. You even built the gears and levers for the servos on your own. :o

Looking forward to how these will work in real life - especially under the belt of your shiny new Hexa.
Got plans for landing gears? Somehow they're still missing in your setup. I guess you'll come up with something, right? 8-)
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 am

I really wonder if it works as expected in flight. Regarding the gimbal gears, I was a little bit inspired from the MK solutiuon. :)
I have a landing gear solution, but its maybe the most ugly solution possible. Any ideas for a sexier solutions?

DSC00273.jpg
DSC00273.jpg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 9924 times

DSC00274.jpg
DSC00274.jpg (62.82 KiB) Viewed 9924 times

DSC00275.jpg
DSC00275.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 9924 times

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Kisssys » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm

I've used a boom mount and find it to be the lightest. If I use 4 post's I use a simple delrin boom mount with a landing gear. Makes a very strong light weight gear but it's not pretty. The Delrin just needs a snug fit, the angles between the boom and landing gear prevent rotation on the round carbon fiber tubes.

If I use 3 post's I prefer a tripod so it won't wobble on uneven surfaces. Probably not practical on a X hexa but works well on a plus. I make little pads for each post.

If it's easy to make, and lightweight I don't ever find it ugly. That hexa has come out of the sky hard several times and all I've even done is put in a new rod for a broken landing gear.

Cheers
Steve
Attachments
IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0576.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Where did you get those mounts in pic#3 from?
Or did you CNC them on your own?
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm

I turned them on a manual lathe, you could use square stock and CNC them I guess.

I've got a lot of tools but my CNC machines seem to open the window up to doing lot's of neat things especially related to multirotors.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby JussiH » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Here is what I did for a FCP X-hexa:

FCPHexa.jpg

It uses the standard boom clamps and 16mm tubes for the FCP, plus a few 1,5mm G10 pieces, I cut on my CNC.
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for all your inputs. Obviously functionality comes before sexiness. I found some arc designs of landing gears in the web. They look quite nice but need huge carbon sheets to cut. Maybe I redo the landing gears later.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:20 am

I am still struggling with my 2D gimbal. There is sort of a resonance with the unstable landing gear when sittimg on the ground. I wanted to make sure, its not the construchtion of the gimbal, so I decided to redo that more rigid - with no success.

DSC00282.jpg

And here a short vid of the resonance.

Best

Christof
chschmid

Postby FlusiBastler » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 am

Christof,
what servo do You use for the gimbal? The best I found so far had BB's and carbonite gears, the metal gears had to much tolerance. Maybe a damper in the push/pull rods could help a bit, if there is enough space for them.

Regards,
Marc
FlusiBastler

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Marc
I am using Futaba 9451 after trying BLS 254. The 254 is even worse.
Nick ist still w/BLS 254.

Ok, good suggestion. I will come up with something.

Best

Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase