[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Motormounts with ESC32 for a new Hexa

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Christof, that is looking very good. The ESC's seem to be protected very well in their casing.
.... One day I must own a CNC myself, amazing what you can do with such a tool.
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 pm

kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks for the comments.

Menno
If you send me the drawings, I can cut you some parts till you get your own CNC. :)

Norbert
Thanks for the good wishes.
Your proposals where very logic but gave me a headache due to limitted space. While mounting the first ESC I felt like double lefthanded with twisted fingers and arms.

I selected a 1.5mm2 powerwire to keep the resistance as small as possible. But it is a bit thick to handle. Whats your best guess for the powerwire diam?
I planned to use a 2nd 330mF 35V low esr @ +- center of the powerline. Can I combine the 470(ESC) and 330(Powerline) or should I use the same capacity?
To see the leds I took the signalwires to the bottom.

Nice Idea with the acrylic standoff. I never cut that before but will give it a try.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Flyduino_Paul » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Nice Build!

May the Motor wires should go in to the side as you can easily cut them in a crash and its hard to replace so short cutted motorwires afterwards.

AWG 16 should have some safety margin, AWG 18 shold do the trick also on this Motors.
To combine different capacitors values is no problem.
Acrylyc is nor my favorite, its too brittle and heavy, but i dont know, can work good sure.
Flyduino_Paul

Postby chschmid » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks for your proposition Paul.

I was thinking of guiding the motor wires from the side or from the front and add some connectors. But then I decided to go straight from top. If there should be crash, it's a lot of work anyway.
DSCN4860.jpg
DSCN4860.jpg (100.47 KiB) Viewed 13192 times

For the powerwires I decided to go inbetween. AWG 17 equals 1mm2.
Then I added every 10cm 330mF capacitors and drilled the wires nicely.
DSCN4862.jpg
DSCN4862.jpg (92.38 KiB) Viewed 13192 times

DSCN4867.jpg
DSCN4867.jpg (106.47 KiB) Viewed 13192 times

DSCN4865.jpg
DSCN4865.jpg (95.66 KiB) Viewed 13192 times

Takes a lot of time, but I hope it pays with good results.

It progresses slowly but it progresses.
BTW when do you expect the new batch of boards?

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Flyduino_Paul » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 am

uh tihs is a late answer, sry.
i like your aproach, cant really comment if all those uF are really needed, but you should be absolute safe 8-)
Flyduino_Paul

Postby Flyduino_Paul » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 am

you may should think of precharging the caps over a resistor before you connect the lipo, otherwise i can imagine there is lot current during first connect.
Flyduino_Paul

Postby chschmid » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi Paul
Never mind about the late reply. Thanks for the precharge hint.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby gionag » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 pm

What if I wanted your same frame ?? it's beautiful :D
gionag

Postby chschmid » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for the flowers. It may look nice but I do not know if the setup flies well. I can send you the CNC files if you want. then you can cut the parts. I was using 1.3mm CFK and the spares/tubes from paul.

Oh, and here is the new gimbal.

DSC00243.jpg
DSC00243.jpg (57.97 KiB) Viewed 12982 times

DSC00244.jpg
DSC00244.jpg (65.16 KiB) Viewed 12983 times

DSC00245.jpg
DSC00245.jpg (70.88 KiB) Viewed 12983 times

DSC00247.jpg
DSC00247.jpg (64.35 KiB) Viewed 12983 times

Best
Christof
chschmid