[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ClipQuad airborne

ClipQuad airborne

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: ClipQuad airborne

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon May 18, 2015 5:53 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Mon May 18, 2015 10:38 am

Startupmode is changed from the FC at boot.
I had problems to start the Motors thru Serial while in CL.
This way it works very nice and reliable.
chschmid

Postby LPR » Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 am

Christof

I have some of the same aggressive altitude changes as you had in your video. I found the info on how to adjust the Navi altitude PIDs here.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4298

Tonight I found another small problem with RTH control. About half the time, if I have the quad yawed to a different heading than the Home position has, the quad will RTH without changing heading. If I do a second RTH function the quad will yaw to the home heading while it's at the home position. The rest of the times when I do a RTH function the quad yaws to the heading for the home position as it's moving toward the home position.

Have you seen this behavior?

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby afernan » Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 am

Hi Christoff:

well, you´re the best AQ builder!. Very very nice piece of art!.

Yes, was me the instability problem when RTH. I even had a hard crash repeating the issue. Although the solution was simple (to decrease a lot the NAV PIDs) I was not happy because you penalize also other NAV performances, only to solve the RTH problem.

This happens if you start at a higher altitude than home (either in RTH or in a mission leg), so the first thing done by the machine after activating RTH is to drop drastically in heigh (almost cutting motors to "0"). Then, when trying to recover the stability, the controls get saturated and the divergence overcomes (see plots in my post)

All this was with QUATOS! that, as you know it´s main task is just to control that kinda problems of control saturations. I think this issue is not yet solved and need some re-coding to avoid that situation.
afernan

Postby chschmid » Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks for the comments.

Angel, I was aware of your alt drop issue and adjusted the alt and pos nav pids, but only a little bit.
Alt Pos P Max @2.5 is a Little high anyway as I have the max alt Speed limeted to 1.5m/s.
Furthermore I set Quatos tau to 0.06. The result is fine.

Larry, regarding the yaw, I did not pay Attention to that.

Yesterday I had some issues with finding the home altitude @ RTH. After reviewing the log, I believe that the "Switch" from baro to GPS and back is involved. I also see a difference in UKF alt and GPS alt which I can not explain.

Anyway we will test all functions and now one by one to get an overview of things that need attention.
If you guys would take a report form, fill it out and post it, you all could help a lot.
Please post it in that section.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby plexus » Tue May 19, 2015 2:59 pm

plexus

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue May 19, 2015 3:50 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby plexus » Tue May 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Ok Joerg,
Thanks
Alain
plexus

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Here is the file Christof is referring too! Nothing special! Anybody is free to use it when documenting builds.
Attachments
AQ Tests FW Form.xlsx
(17.64 KiB) Downloaded 951 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase