[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Below a short summary of my new build, quite standard refference:
H/W
- Board 6.1, r445 DIMU QUATOS
- ESC32V2
- MT3110, props TM12x40

Perfo:
- Low vibs (< 0.75m/s2). Frame natural frequency (arms/legs) = 42Hz; PH excitation > 82Hz (min freq at min mass)
- 1.1Kg dry mass
- 25+min flight time with Zippy 5000mA-4S,40C

Build: Custom frame, CF 16mm tubes (0.75mm thick); brackets in 3DPrint in ABS (new design more robust)

Video: or http://youtu.be/pKaBIz4V-c8
I can share the design. If u want it, pls send me a PM for that

Enjoy
Attachments
DSC_0167.JPG
DSC_0164.JPG
1.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG
DSC_0170.JPG
Last edited by afernan on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Re: New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

Postby bn999 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Spectacular, absolute pin point precision. That's what an AQ is supposed to be all about. I think you have hit on the #1 foe, and that is vibration. You cannot properly integrate ACCs with the shifting bias that is introduced with vibrations.

Wonderful work. As soon as I get back to building another machine, I want to use this frame design.
bn999

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Thanks Bill, specially coming from you. We do really need to thank you for your awesom work in AQ.
It´s a pleasure to fly this (almost perfect) machines
Last edited by afernan on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Fantástico!

Looks like we have a candidate for a new reference frame.
When will the mass production start? 8-)

btw: may I remind you to also upload the video to Youtube? Gracias!
kinderkram

Postby bn999 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Q: Does removing the landing gear have any negative impact on the vibrations seen? In other words, are they part of the solution or can they be done away with if need be?
bn999

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 pm

@Bill:
None influence while inside Quatos (already tested). It behaves the same with/without legs. It behaves as a real mechanical rotating flying machine should do (like a real helicopter). You need only to well separate excitation from structural resonances (about factor of 2) and that´s it.

But with KISS-PID it definitebly has influence since the control it´s able to excitate every appendage natural frequency (arm and leg). This same machine I´ve tryed before with KISS-PID and was difficult to setup. I got it working with DRATE & SLOT = 100 and Tilt D Rate = 9000 only. Didn´t like it.

@Norbert. I´ll upload to Youtube. I simply didn´t do it because It´s a "working" video, not really very exciting. But I see it excites you...
afernan

Postby plexus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:36 pm

very beautifull. the vibs are very low.
I cry when i see your building
Alain
plexus

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Below acceleration levels comparison with:
- long legs (200mm) = 0.75 m/s2
- short legs (160mm) = 0.5 m/s2
- no legs = 0.5 m/s2
all tested in Pos Hold and same parameters set. So no significant influence of legs length on Acc levels (because their natural frequency is well far away of excitation)
Attachments
Captura.JPG
afernan

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Angel, what a sexy build :D .
This is superb - and the precision you achieve - fantastic. Many congrats from snowy Switzerland.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:14 am

Love it! I'm going to have to give quatos a go.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase