[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: New QUAD 630mm r445-DIMU-QUATOS flight test

Postby skew » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:57 am

Yes very nice going to build one myself! I would love to try quatos too but sadly I am going to have to fly with old school pids and dimu can't justify quatos upgrade fee :(
skew

Postby afernan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:27 pm

@Skew:

nice to see how it will perform with PIDs and same hardware. I´ll give a try also with PIDs instead quatos when I have some time. I´ll post results here.
afernan

Postby plexus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Yes good idea to compare both system.

Alain
plexus

Postby flyrobot » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Afernan,

Thank you for the STL files given, i just print it the mounting and mono block. I print with fill pattern honeycomb. its very strong build. I'm using normal PLA.

Cheers,

John
flyrobot

Postby afernan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:23 am

Hi John:

I prefer ABS than PLA for a number of reasons, although PLA I guess is also valid. I find PLA a bit more stiff than ABS but more fragile. ABS is more "resilient" (capability to absorb more deformation without crashing).

3DPrinting require a number of "tips and tricks" to get succesfull, sometimes not obvious. Here a few of them:
- interlaminar strength is much lower than "fiber" strength, so it´s very important the Z direction you select. Basically all strength parts interfacing with tubes must be printed with Z printer axis same as the tube axis.
- colour of the material is very important for strength parts (aditives to get the colour affects a lot in strength capability). I like black, red or white.
- for high strength parts, I use Carbon Fiber loaded ABS. You´ll get performances similar to a good aluminum.
- Tight dimensions can be affected for many reasons (your machine, colour of materisl, etc). You´ll need to adjust them with some trial-error. You can use the "scale" in your printer software to easy change it (for instance the inner diameter of the monoblock to interface the 16mm tube).

Maybe we can open a dedicated 3D Printing subforum (Norbert?)

Angel
afernan

Postby flyrobot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 pm

flyrobot

Previous

Return to AQ Media Showcase