[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad ready to be airborne

Autoquad ready to be airborne

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Autoquad ready to be airborne

Postby chschmid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 am

After one and a half years and two long weeks it's ready.
IMG_0946.JPG

An extra carbon layer between wiring/ESC's and the board.
IMG_0948.JPG

Some ventilation for the ESC's
IMG_0950.JPG

The setup and calibration went smooth. The problems I had are already covered in other posts. Only three things to mention:
1. I think it would be helpful to extend the wiki section on connecting Xbees regarding Tx and Rx connection.
2. My new 32 Gb Transcend card was damaged in the first static calibration @ ca 30° C. Sandisc 16Gb works well.
3. Bill, If you find the time a #define RADIO_MODE would be highly appreciated. I could not reprog my JR 12X to assign the correct channels for mode 2 Tx.

Thanks to the team for the superb work.
I will post my first flight later this week.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Re: Autoquad ready to be airborne

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am

Very nice and clean setup, Christof!

1. We thought the illustrations in the Wiki says it all:
GND<->GND
5V<->VCC
Tx<->Rx
Rx<->Tx
Same for the telemetry/ftdi port and the bluetooth.
2. Sounds like a bad card from the start. Never heard of the logging destroying an sd card.
3. The mode 1 or 2 doesn't matter. The only important thing is the channel assignment.
What were your problems there?
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks for the flowers.

Ok, I was having a closer look again and I can see the writing on the Xbee. So the writing on the connection belongs to the AQ side. The writing on the Xbee side is hard to see, in my age :geek: .

I did not say the AQ destroys cards. Its more a warning for others. And the SanDisc works just fine.

Regarding Tx mode 1 or other modes, the internal assignment of the channels differs.
in Mode 1 your right vertical stick is assignet to channel 1 (AQ)
in Mode 2 your left vertical stick is assigned to channel 1
If I want to use my mode 2 Tx, I have no chance to reassign the channels unless I change the radio.h ect. The Tx itself does not allow to reassign channels. As a workarround I use a DX10t now where I can assign the channels used in the Tx. The solution would be a setup routine or a #define statement to assign channels or select the Tx mode used.

Anyway, the AQ is the best product I ever had my hands on. After two years with ArduCopter I enjoyed my maiden flight in the yard today. No wobbling, no unexpected ect. Just pure joy. I attached a small video and will continue reporting when I start the nav flights.

Best
Christof

chschmid

Postby Wingspinner » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby chschmid » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi Ron

Jan 2011 Bill posted this and thats almost 1 1/2 years since.

Best Christof
chschmid

Return to AQ Media Showcase