[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 basic QUAD 400

M4 basic QUAD 400

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

M4 basic QUAD 400

Postby afernan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:09 am

Below it´s shown my last build based in M4 + Joerg (aBUGSworstnightmare) BLDC expansion board. I used all basic material of-the-store (Flyduino/Viacopter):

Warthox frame (25cm arms): (http://flyduino.net/Quadrocopter-Frame-Set-25cm-arm) 35€
X-Motors 2208 (http://flyduino.net/Multikopter-Brushle ... icopter_17) 19.90€
Propellers HQ-9x4.5 (http://flyduino.net/HQProp-9x45-Carbon- ... -2CW-2-CCW) 8.90€
KISS 18A (http://flyduino.net/KISS-ESC-2-4S-18A-v11_1) 18.90€
M4 (https://www.viacopter.eu/multirotor-sho ... pter-store) 125€
Joerg BDSL expansion board (TBD price): THANKS Joerg!! Very nice board!!

For 325€ about any can get inside AQ with an incredible performance. This machine flies very well, ultra smooth and still with a lot of power to keep a GoPRO or FPV system.

With a 3S 2200 I get 15min flight. For the moment using PID, but I´ll test QUATOS next. 500gr w/o battery

Parameters and fw attached. Adaptor plate for M4 (made in ABS, 3D Printed) stl file attached.

Enjoy
Attachments
extras.zip
(387.93 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
7.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG
afernan

Re: M4 basic QUAD 400

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:19 am

Hi Angel,

well done! Looking really good!

You should be able to mount the M4 Expansion board to the Warthox Frame directly without the Need of an adapter plate since the hole pattern is the same as on the NanoWii.
SANY0328.JPG
Warthox Frame detail

Will post a detail shot later (at least it works with my frame, but I don't know if the designed of the was changed).

Just as a note to German AQ-enthusiasts: get this Magazin since it contains a Coupon-Code for buying the quad Hardware (without the M4) at at lower Price!
c-t-wissen-quadrokopter-2014-661.jpg
c't Wissen Quadrocopter
c-t-wissen-quadrokopter-2014-661.jpg (67.09 KiB) Viewed 15110 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby afernan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Oh thanks. I didnt´t notice that!. It will be even simpler!.

Could you please tell my the kind of conectors of the board? (mainly for lipo and BT).

Is there any posibility to get some more outputs (for buzzer and leds)?

Thanks

Angel
afernan

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:29 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Attachments
leddriver.png
IDEA ONLY! NOT TESTED WITH M4! USE AT OWN RISK!
Capture.PNG
RGB strip connections
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Kisssys » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Just use the M1..M4 outputs. You can hook the anode of the led or the positive of a string of led's with limiting resistor up to your 3 or 4 cell battery and the cathode to the M1..M4 inputs. You need a limiting resistor.

The fets are rated at 20 volts 5.9 amps.

The Phantom video I did powers the led's that way.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Steve

Can you please add a (hand) sketch for that. I would like to use this option with 3s for my small 300size Quad.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Kisssys » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:45 pm

M4LEDdrive.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby afernan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks Steve!

I guess you mean the typical led strip u can cut by sets of 3 units (12v).

About GPS antenna, what model u guys recommend for M4? (I´m still using the dipole). Viacopter have quite a lot variety.
afernan

Postby Kisssys » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes, like HK sells.

I prefer the old standard 35mm Taoglas, the 25mm active ant they sell doesn't seem to work that well, I've even seen the plain old dipole do as well in tests.

If you are flying the M4 in brush configuration you're probably as well off with the dipole as anything else.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase