[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 Quad 300

M4 Quad 300

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: M4 Quad 300

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 am

... hope to see a video soon!
Why don't you use the onboard Deltang? Would save some more weight (o.k. some grams) but should be o.k. for 'close range flying'
I'm using a modified Orange replacement antenna cable from HK which brings the tip far away from any carbon.
SANY0289.JPG
Deltang antenna connection

SANY0293.JPG
Tip length is around 31.2mm, antenna is a coaxial wire

SANY0294.JPG
Overall shot of the M4r5 with the Orange antenna
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Kisssys » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:37 pm

That works well, I did that a lot when I was testing the first receiver. The next board has a nice uFL connector to make doing that easy and the board will have enough power to supply the onboard rec and a external satellite in diversity mode.

I fly it FPV much farther than I have proven the Deltang receiver to work and I lose my other 4 receive channels for tuning.
The Xmas boards has a full channel receiver onboard and the range is better.

Hope to get some video this week.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Maybe I should try the Deltang. I am just very comfortable with the sats. That's all...

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Here is the maiden.
I found that the params tuned for a half full battery are to "sharp" when changing to a fully charged battery. But the result is quite good. Would be great to have CL available with the KISS.

Cheers
Christof

[youtube]/watch?v=E5xei3k2vJ8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Attachments
DSC01394.JPG
DSC01393.JPG
DSC01379.JPG
DSC01375.JPG
DSC01374.JPG
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Very nice, Christof - thx for sharing!

At the end of the video it still looked kinda oscillating. Did you get that tuned out?
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:25 pm

There are still some oscillations. I am not sure if I can lower AM1 even more. The system is already a bit sluggish.
Especially when applying full pitch or roll the system moves sometimes like in maybe 5-7 steps till full deflection is achieved. Sometimes when quick and full rolling some pitch is visible. Same for pitch.

Recommendations are very welcome.
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Here a little update.

The arms are now replaceable.
Only a small sheet of 300mmx300mm is needed to cut the quad. Cutting time ~25min @ 900mm/min.
Total weight assembled is 107Grams. Don't know if this is light or heavy ;) but the little guy looks nice.

Cheers
Christof
Attachments
DSC01403.JPG
DSC01405.JPG
DSC01407.JPG
DSC01408.JPG
DSC01409.JPG
DSC01410.JPG
DSC01413.JPG
DSC01415.JPG
DSC01416.JPG
DSC01417.JPG
chschmid

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:47 am

That is a very very nice frame with ingenious assembly system Christof!. I like it!

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase