[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - FPV and GPS antenna

FPV and GPS antenna

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: FPV and GPS antenna

Postby kinderkram » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:05 am

Very nice setup, Angel!
Did you get the expected results from the video downlink?

Hehe scary, Steve - how did the neighbours`kids react on your witch?
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Yes. Perfect FPV; no interference at all. AQ it´s the perfect platform to start saffely in FPV since the PH and DVH are really great; best I´ve seen. So you feel safe all time.

1300MHz has advantages wrt 5.7GHz for FPV, but the size of the antenna.

Angel
afernan

Postby Kisssys » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:53 pm

The kids really love it and we have people who drive their whole family to the house to see my Witch fly. I changed it up this year and made a ghost. I'm on a corner so I can zoom up and down my property and it's seen a long ways.

The ghost was much harder to do than my witch and I'll probably go back to the witch just because its so easy to set up.

I use 1.3 on all my long range flights and have a couple of stacked skew planar's for omni direction and a helical and patch.

I have a tracking antenna with 900 mhz patches and 2.4 yagi's for Xbee telemetry but don't use it very much except on one dedicated airplane.

I feed the video to a diversity box which selects the best signal from quality alone not RSSI.

20141103_083642[1].jpg
20141103_084051[1].jpg

[youtube]watch?v=0IenB7Usahk&list=UUvyI6dkgSbra4VDVHOdIzgw[/youtube]
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Woah, that equipment looks like you were shooting at the moon. :lol:

Unfortunately both 900MHz and 1.3GHz are prohibited for private use here in Germany (if not all over the EU).
So we´re somehow doomed to 5.8GHz @ 25mW. :roll:
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Thats the equippment I am still draming of. The "spring in the bag" looks dangerous though. :shock:
I like both, the whitch and the ghost. Hard to tell which I prefer.

Cheers
Christof
Last edited by chschmid on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
chschmid

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Great video Kissy, love that idea.

What really grabbed my eye is the TV and the OSD!! Can you elaborate on which OSD your using please
Jdmagoo

Postby Kisssys » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 am

That video overlay you see is from Bill's Power Distributions Board osd. I had put the camera in black and white mode which works much better at night. I didn't realize until it was too late that my video capture system would not record black and white so I don't have any video of it flying around. It was just an accident that the TV behind my wife which shows the video downlink reflected onto the window and made it visible. I turned the TV off later to capture the video without the reflection. When the OSD is displayed on a big screen it is really nice.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Max » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:27 am

Steve, that ghost is the coolest thing I've seen in a while! I love how it moves and flutters, very "realistic." Awesome!

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:10 pm

I propose to add a wiki section with funny builds like this
afernan

Previous

Return to AQ Media Showcase