[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 testfly

M4 testfly

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

M4 testfly

Postby dukedolphin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:01 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6sb7ict6jtcq ... 214602.mp4
A short test fly on a "very" small Frame.
Best Regards
Boris
/edit the shakes before the lamp are bugs between the ears..
dukedolphin

Re: M4 testfly

Postby Max » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Flies great Boris. Sounds like an angry wasp :) I didn't hear any of the higher-pitch resonance which is typical with Ladybird-style frame/arms. What's the frame, motor/prop/accu sizes, and AUW?

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Your

because of

Män, ju schutt koll sis wann :lol:

kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Attachments
Boeis-M4.jpg
Boeis-M4.jpg (210.2 KiB) Viewed 12146 times
kinderkram

Postby dukedolphin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:20 am

I use HK Pocket Quad Motor, Motor Mount and Props.
The Frame is made from 1mm CF and the Motor distance is 74mm.
PCB is mounted with servo tape and i use a very weak 250mah 20c lipo.
But i ordered some new 300mA with more C.

Best regards
Boris
Attachments
MicroPocketQuad dxf.txt
(17.36 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
dukedolphin

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Looks pretty nice Boris, what made you decide to not put the Pocket Quad motor mounts on the M4 booms?

I have ordered a few of those motors and props to get proper A1 A2 numbers.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby dukedolphin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:19 pm

I did it direct, but the copter did not fly well.
So Norbert told me it must be the Setup not the Parameters.
As i glued the Motor Mounts i had to cut the arms to try the m4 on my pocketquad.
After this Frame and a ladybird Frame Norbert believe me and looked for some other Parameter...
At the end the M4 arms have been to short to Mount the Motor Mounts directly.
Now i use the very short rest of the m4 arms to glue on the Motor sockets.
regards Boris
dukedolphin

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Ok, Thanks Boris.

Those HK motor mounts work but aren't very good on the M4 booms. I have a couple flying fine with them but one of them I had to add a brace between the motor and shaft to get it to fly smoothly.

I have flown many off the booms at about 90mm and they fly fine. You will find if you get the motor prop A1 A2 numbers and do the Quatos calculations for the frame it will fly much better. It fly's better at first because you have a real IMU and a real radio controlling it and with Quatos compensating for what's wrong. I would venture to say now you have a great flying toy, you can make it a great flying multi rotor.

I asked the question also to see if the boomed version is going to be popular enough to justify the extra cost to make.

M4brace[1].jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby dukedolphin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 pm

I like the boom mount because it is a very small and light.
But i guess it is more service friendly with the extra frame.
As i have a cnc mill i prefere it as small as possible.
And for unlucky people that have no mill there are plenty of cheap micro frames to buy.
Regards
Boris
dukedolphin

Return to AQ Media Showcase