[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Octocopter with cargo hold - 12" hole

Octocopter with cargo hold - 12" hole

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Octocopter with cargo hold - 12" hole

Postby LPR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Here's a look at my octo with a hold.
As soon as the AQ autopilot arrives it will be used in a similar octo built with carbon fiber sheets and tubes.

The autopilot has to be off center, is there any features for adjusting the autopilot position?

After testing the ball will be replaced with a camera system and landing gear.
Attachments
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG
LPR

Re: Octocopter with cargo hold - 12" hole

Postby bn999 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I don't think you are going to get very good performance with the FC being mounted away from the center of gravity. There are no provisions for translating the IMU to some other off-center position.
bn999

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am

Why does it need to be off center? If your center plate doesn't match the 4,5x4,5cm mounting holes you might use some kind of mounting plate.
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:27 pm

LPR

Postby LPR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I have an octo flying with ESC32, CC FC, A123 batteries, RC Timer motors and APC 12 x 3.8 props.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FF9kYqV ... e=youtu.be

The AQ FC should be here very soon. The "dance" for dynamic calibration will get me in shape.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 am

The AQ is now controlling the octo and I'm just amazed on how well it can guide this 9 lbs monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih-D8vh5CE

Here's a repeat at a different height.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjNSy9qxpf0

A123 bateries add weight, the two battery packs hold 10 batteries apiece and there total weigh is 3 lbs 9 oz. The octo will fly for 17 minuets. Battery packs are 2p 5s, hold 4400ma and max charge voltage is 18 v. I like them because I don't have to baby sit them and they can be recharged 1000 times. Hope the company survives bankrupts.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 am

Congratz, Larry! 8-)
That monster flies really smooth. Have a nice time with it!
kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Looking good, Larry.

I think this is the heaviest craft yet documented to fly with AQ. Congrats on breaking new ground.
JussiH

Postby LPR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Last edited by LPR on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LPR

Postby Kisssys » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey Larry,

I like the looks of the ring design, is it 1/2 pvc with 45's? Not sure how you know which way it's going though. I need to machine some 45 inserts into Align booms and it would be really light stiff frame. It might make isolating engine vibration
from the inner frame easier.

I've flown my Octo at 15 pounds but that was lifting beer. With the gun it's about 13.5 pounds. At 9 pounds it's absolutely perfect so you are at a good spot.

I think with a sawed off 410 and all FPV equiped it would be a good Minnesota duck gun for jumping those potholes.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase