[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

Postby afernan » Fri May 16, 2014 9:45 am

Yet another succesful quatos machine. See this short video:

All worked at first shot. A few tunning parameters to compute (less than 1 h in total) and a perfect flight

Using:
Custom quad 620mm , 3DPrinted brackets
TAROT 4006 motors
TMotor 1240 props
And AQ r386, DIMU v1.01, ESC32

Enjoy
Attachments
IMG_20140516_171342.jpg
IMG_20140516_171331.jpg
Last edited by afernan on Wed May 21, 2014 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
afernan

Re: QUAD 620. Quatos maiden indoor test

Postby LPR » Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Angel

Very nice control but I would not let my wife see a video made in her dinning room!!! :o

Larry
LPR

Postby Astudillo » Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Astudillo

Postby chschmid » Fri May 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Brave as always.
Gents, thats not the dining room. See the 2nd quad on the table.... Its Angels multi - storage- room :D

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby afernan » Fri May 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Ja ja!. Sure my wife wasn't at home, but she always looks carefully the two big plants in the room looking for cuts in the sheets!
afernan

Re: New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 am

Hi Angel,

can you confirm the Tarot 4006 motors mounting bolt circle diameter please?
tarot4006_mounting.png
Tarot 4006 mounting holes - bolt circle diameter

I've measured my motors and it is 32mm and NOT 27.7mm as written in the spec sheet.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LordPikaChu » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 pm

What's quatos? :)
LordPikaChu

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Since I also want to test the Tarot 4006 BLDC on my CamCruiser frame I'ld like to share some infos on the motors here.
Some of the picture might by of particular interest for all those 'weight watchers' out there!

SANY0230.JPG
Tarot 4006 - box content

SANY0231.JPG
Detail shot with the supplied T-Motor Prop-adapter attached

Since I want to test them with Graupner e-Prop 12x6 too I've needed to find a matching prop adapter, because Tarot only supplies one for mounting T-Motor carbon fibre props.

The 4006 has 4 M3 screw holes on top on a 12mm bolt circle. That's exactly what you will find on some of the 'Navigator' series motors.
I've ordered 2 pieces CW and 2 pieces CCW adapters and will let the pictures speak for there self.
SANY0221.JPG
T-Motor PA017 and PA024 6mm prop adapters. Too bad there were no matching nuts enclosed!

PA017 is the same CW adapter as supplied with my MN3510 motors. PA024 is intended for use on U3/U5 motors, but will fit MN3110,3508,3510 and 3515 too!

SANY0222.JPG
Details shot of PA024

SANY0228.JPG
Verifying the fit of PA024 on Tarot 4006

SANY0229.JPG
Verifying the fit of PA017 on Tarot 4006

SANY0224.JPG
Detail shot of M6 nuts. The one pictured on the left is a CCW one (see the arrow pointing left).

Some 'weight watcher' pics:
SANY0234.JPG

SANY0226.JPG

SANY0227.JPG

SANY0232.JPG

SANY0233.JPG

SANY0235.JPG

SANY0236.JPG
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:32 am

Watch out for the black aluminium washer which comes with those mounts and goes on top of the prop. I've found that my ones are drilled slightly too large, so can be seated in a slightly off center position each time the nut is tightened down and this causes vibration. I'm going to see if my local hardware store has some alternative washers I can drill to the exact size and use instead of these ones on my quad which I'm having trouble eliminating the vibration from. I suspect these are the cause.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Attachments
t4006_21kHz_17-15A-7200_epro12x6.zip
Tarot 4006 + Graupner eProp 12x6 - ESC32 calibration values
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase