[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: New QUAD 620. Yet another Quatos success

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Received my RC Timer 12x55 Carbon Carbon Props today.
Will also do a calibration run and compare them against the eProps. Using the CFK props would save ~15g per motor --> 60g for a quad setup.
SANY0243.JPG

SANY0244.JPG
total weight of Tarot 4006 with RC Timer 12x5.5in CFK prop installed.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:21 am

Joerg

I find the RC Timer props are not very well balanced. To balance them I use 2' wide clear packaging tape. Some take a lot of tape.

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:47 am

Hi Larry,

I'm not quite shure if I will use them since I would prefer to use the T-Motor 12x4 prop. Just wanted to try them. Even if I will need to balance them it will result in a 60g weight reduction when compared to the eProps.

Christof will measure the Graupner and (hopefully) the T-Motor too. Knowing the results I will decide which one to use (with Quatos firmware).

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby afernan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:47 am

@Joerg:
My experience with RcTimer new props (T-Motor style) is very bad. They´re bad balanced in most of cases (static and dynamic balance). I did a comparison of effitienty here:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3332&hilit=+propellers
were u can see that T-Motor 12x4 are the winner, and RcTimer the worst!. To get 600g of thrust, TMotor will take 25watt and RcTimer 38watt: 52% more power!

The combination 4006+TMotor 12x4 is awesom: super-powerfull, smooth and effitient, the best I had.

Also Flyduino will have new wood propellers "HQ" light and cheap that looks very promising. They presented in Makers Faire and I got some of them.

Angel
Attachments
file.jpg
afernan

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi Angel,

Would you share your ESC32 calibration data for the T-Motor prop?
Christof will measure them for me (also the Graupner 12x6 eProp) for use with Quatos.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby afernan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 am

Attachments
tarot 4006 1240 CLOSED LOOP.zip
(596 Bytes) Downloaded 812 times
afernan

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Angel,

thanks for sharing your ESC32 settings!
When looking at the data I figured out you've calibrated for Startup Mode 1 (Closed Loop RPM). Does it make any difference when calibrating the ESC32 which startup mode is selected?

Made a new run with my eProps with Closed Loop RPM which gives me different values (will upload later; need to copy the data from my workbench PC first) :!:

@all: made some calibration runs with the RC-Timer CFK props. Although properly calibrated it looks like the Tarot doesn't like them! Using QGC to accelerate the motor from low RPR (ARM-->START-->motor runs at low RPM) to max RPM (calibrated to 6500) lets the motor loose sync on each attempt (smarter changes were no problem).

In comparison, when mounting the eProp (correspondent calib-data loaded) it speeds up from low-rpm to 7200 rpm without problems (each time).

CONCLUSION: Although the RC-Timer offers some advantages in weight they need more power (can see the same as reported by Angel) and even run at lower max-rpm --> will not use them and try to sell them off!

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Previous

Return to AQ Media Showcase