[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QUAD monoblock 620

QUAD monoblock 620

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

QUAD monoblock 620

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 am

Yet another quad based on my previous basic designs. Full bracketry in 3DPrinted parts.
Main details :
- Motor-to-Motor = 620mm
- Dry weight = 1Kg
- Motors: Tarot 4006, 620kv (http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=1076). Very good motors. I like more than TMotor 3110 (for the moment...)
- Propellers: T-Motor 12x4
- frame with 16mm CF tubes, 250mm long
- ... and of course AQ board r372, DIMU v1.1 , ESC32

Other details:
- motor mount especially designed for the TAROT-4006 (three bolts). Fixed to arm with interference and 1x bolt clamping pressure (I´ve removed bolt thru tube of previous versions)
- removable legs. Simple fixing with 1 x tie-rap

Maiden flight done with excellent results. Deffault PIDs, except ALT_POS_I reduced to 1.0 (deffault 2.85). Video coming.

As usual, this design is available for AQ community.

Enjoy
Attachments
DSC_0148.JPG
DSC_0147.JPG
DSC_0165.JPG
DSC_0162.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG
afernan

Re: QUAD monoblock 620

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Maiden flight

NO calibration at all. Only installed deffault params and made a tare.
Attachments
IMG_20140421_115253.jpg
afernan

Postby fabietto_91 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:51 am

Great quad!!
I Have a quad with VRBrain 4,5 FC(arducopter) that use the same power drive, tarot 4006 with xoar 13x5 on 4s5000.

At the moment I use 20A esc from flyduino, but I have ordered 4x esc32... Have you done ESC calibration with those Tmotor propeller?

Btw, the quad looks very good, nice design! ;)
fabietto_91

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby kinderkram » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Man, I love how it performs! Well done, Angel.
Who ever thought we'd achieve such a precise navigation with an uncalibrated board? :shock:

btw: did you come across any quirks during the setup or did it work like I documented it? You know I'm keen to shout it out to the world :lol: - but the Octo project got delayed and hopefully will get airborne next week. So I only can tell how and that it works on the bench - not in real life...

And thx for uploading the video to YT, too. I've started a new YT Playkist here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1qAHp0kbmC
kinderkram

Postby srinath » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:08 am

Great work Angel

Do the Hex center plates also work for the Quad ?
srinath

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Angel,

I like your designs, they look simple and robust!

Can you answer a couple of my questions?

1. What 3D design software did you use for de monoblocks and the removable leg clamps?
2. Is is possible to let these parts be printed by shapeways?
3. How difficult will it be to adapt the removable leg clamps to fit 25 mm tube?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Postby SiggiSig » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Angel,

Wonderful design. Plain and simple.
Would love to try this myself.
SiggiSig

Postby afernan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:40 am

@fabietto:
Yes. I´ve done calibration on ESC32 with TAROT 4006 and Tmotor 12x4. This is mandatory to avoid problems, mainly disarming issues (refer to especific posts on that). I´m using also a 10nF cap in between signal-ground to reduce disarming issues. And of course I do a "dry run" test at home by reversing props & copter fixed on ground, running motors high to validate that none a single disarming happens. Then I go out to fly. Now with CAN setup, this issue is fixed.

I can supply you my calibration params for 4006 and ESC32, if you want.

btw, I´m in the credits of ARDUCOPTER developers. I´ve been a couple of years in early stages, but then I changed to AQ by evident reasons. No time to follow both projects.

@jdmagoo:
I prefer TMotor 3110 versus TAROT 4006, but 4006 are still very good (...for the moment, I need more hours to see how they evolve). They run very smooth, no vibrations at all. I get about 20 min with 5000, 4S. For comparison, with my other quad750 with RCTimer 5010 and RCTimer15x5 I get +25min!. That combination is the "champion" in endurance. I´m still testing but I need one single day without heavy wind!.

@HeliHenkie:
1.- I´m using CATIA v5 r21. It´s simply the "best".
2.- Yes of course. I can send you the stl files for that. But I must tell you that the Nylon material from shapeways is fragile. I´ve used several parts in Nylon from Shapeways time ago (legs "T" joint) and in ABS 3Dprinted (same part) and I found Nylon more "fragile" than ABS that is a bit more flexible and resilient. Anyway both materials are great. I have a 3D printer (Reprap Prusa i3) made in kit at less than 500eur that is the best tool I have ever. Have a look to this post about 3DPrinting viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2913&hilit=+T+bracket
3.- To adapt to 25mm tube is straight forward since the design I have is parametric. I can do it for you. Send me a PM with the details.

@Siggisig.
You´re wellcome. My designs are "copyware" that is, free available for all you (only I ask is to tell the source). At the moment there are several being built by other AQders. If you have access to 3DPrinting I can send you the "stl" files for direct printing. If not, I know a supplier in Spain for 3dPrinted parts. Send me a PM for details.

PD. Can´t stand being quiet: ...Great Real Madrid yesterday!. Sorry for that
afernan

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Mon May 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi Angel, do you have a link to the stl files? I have a friend with a 3d printer who is offering to print the parts for me, and I have an AQ board here ready for it!
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase