QUAD monoblock 620

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: QUAD monoblock 620

Postby afernan » Tue May 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Glenn:

Not yet an updated place (some are in GrabCAD, but old). Please send me a PM with details: quad, hexa, legs type ("T" or separated, fixed or removable, retractable legs, etc) motors and propellers you plan to use). I´ll send you proper stl files.
Below some examples:

QUAD 750 (mm Motor to Motor), RcTimer 5010
QUAD 620, TAROT 4006
HEXA 814 RL (Retractable Legs)
HEXA 814 RcTimer 5010, 15inch propeler
HEXA 638 RL, TMotor 3110

All this has been built and flown succesfully

Angel
Attachments
QUAD monoblock 750.JPG
QUAD monoblock 620.JPG
HEXA 814 RL.JPG
HEXA 814 RcT5010.JPG
HEXA 638 RL.JPG
afernan

Postby SiggiSig » Sat May 10, 2014 3:17 am

Hi Angel,

I have been admiring your designs.
Do you think that it will be possible to design a new enhanced motor mount for 2 motors ?

This guy in France (diJMedia) has done work on 3D printed x8 version of Black Snapper.
See "X8 Blacksnapper project 3D Print" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbG9VIzF7B4

Thank you,
SiggiSig

PS
I can not send you a PM since I am new here
SiggiSig

Postby afernan » Sun May 11, 2014 9:19 am

Hi SiggiSig:

Thanks for your information. I´ve seen the video and is quite interesant. I think the 3Dparts motor mounts are well designed. I have only one "but..." (minor) related the printing direction. 3Dprint has a significant strength dependence in how the part is printed.

The "interlaminar shear" or strength in between two layers has a much lower strength wrt thread direction. So to fix a bracket to a tube the best direction is along tube axes as shown in the picure below (in the video is show printing a 90º of axis tube). Anyway strength enough can be allways set by increasing the thickness.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.03 KiB) Viewed 6738 times
afernan

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi Angel, I have my Prusa i3 now (love it so far), and after figuring out some issues with pronterface not applying the settings I had specified in slic3r, replacing a melted PLA extruder plate, and discovering that glue stick gives much better bed adhesion than hair spray, I have started to print the monoblock frame components.

I've got the 0.5mm extruder and have been using a 0.4mm layer height with 3 layer perimeters. Printing a monoblock takes about an hour.

What are your thoughts on using the monoblocks to create a folding frame? I'll be travelling soon with a copter, and being able to make it fold would be the best solution. I think offsetting the mounting points in the frame plates so that the front and rear arms can fold back could work.

I'm planning on attaching a 3 axis gopro gimbal onto the frame too, have you created anything along these lines?

Thanks
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Previous

Return to AQ Media Showcase