HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi:

I´m mounting an HEXA 814mm "monoblock" based on my last quad "monoblock" that flies really like a charm.

In this case I´ll put all my best hardware on:
- MT3110 + Tmotor 12x4 propellers
- retractable landing gear using 5Kg landing gear motor http://www.rctimer.com/product_716.html and some new 3DParts. Attachment is done using an M6 bolt by internal side (not shown in the pictures)
- improved motor brackets (stronger, lighter, less parts)
- Arms-legs design optimized for minimum frequency coupling

Hope you like

Angel
Attachments
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG
afernan
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Many of you are asking about how to get this parts. I can supply the "stl" files for you to print (I´ve done already to several of you).

If you don´t have a 3DPrinter machine (and/or the time to do!) I´ve got a spanish supplier that can do all set for a copter at 100€ about. One set takes about 35h printing (material cost is negligible). Just send me a PM.
afernan
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 pm

afernan wrote:Many of you are asking about how to get this parts. I can supply the "stl" files for you to print (I´ve done already to several of you).

If you don´t have a 3DPrinter machine (and/or the time to do!) I´ve got a spanish supplier that can do all set for a copter at 100€ about. One set takes about 35h printing (material cost is negligible). Just send me a PM.


This sounds very interesting and might send you a PM after I see some flight tests! Does the printed parts also include the centre plates?
Jdmagoo
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:35 am

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:20 pm

... almost finish!.

First dry run test on retractable legs:
Attachments
IMG_5220.JPG
afernan
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:47 am

Maiden flight.

Summary.
Great performance. The best I´ve ever had.
Super stable.
Ultra low vibrations onboard (good for video!).
Retractable legs working great.

Configuration
- using AQ AIMU, r349
- MT3110, MT 12x4 propellers
- 5000mA, 4S gives 18min flight (2.18Kg AUW)

See this video preview. A more detailled one coming next :
afernan
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 am

afernan wrote:Maiden flight.

Summary.
Great performance. The best I´ve ever had.
Super stable.
Ultra low vibrations onboard (good for video!).
Retractable legs working great.

Configuration
- using AQ AIMU, r349
- MT3110, MT 12x4 propellers
- 5000mA, 4S gives 18min flight (2.18Kg AUW)

See this video preview. A more detailled one coming next :


Oh this is very good Afernan!!!

Do you plan on adding a gimbal and datalink etc?

Also, if your using an ESC32 are you able to post your calibration settings for the 12x4 TM prop and 4s battery? Also, can you please post your Advance, switching frequency, start voltage, start align and any other pertinent settings you think appropriate.

Once again good work with this!

Many thanks

James
Jdmagoo
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:35 am

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 pm

@James:
attached are the parameters I´ve used for ESC32. I´ve calibrated for 10amps with these motor/props.

I´m using 10nF caps in between signal and ground. Not using shield cables. Using only one 330uF cap between +/-

Before going to flight I always check at maximum power all the system by changing upside-down the propellers and fixing the copter to ground. This is to check the "disarming" issue on ESC32.

ToDO next (sorted by priority):
1.- change to DIMU
2.- change to CAN
3.- GIMBAL & Datalink

Angel
Attachments
MT3110 & Tmotor 12x4 10AMPS.zip
(611 Bytes) Downloaded 154 times
afernan
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:59 pm

afernan wrote:@James:
attached are the parameters I´ve used for ESC32. I´ve calibrated for 10amps with these motor/props.

I´m using 10nF caps in between signal and ground. Not using shield cables. Using only one 330uF cap between +/-

Before going to flight I always check at maximum power all the system by changing upside-down the propellers and fixing the copter to ground. This is to check the "disarming" issue on ESC32.

ToDO next (sorted by priority):
1.- change to DIMU
2.- change to CAN
3.- GIMBAL & Datalink

Angel


Thanks Angel,

Just wonder why you chose 10A instead of the motor maximum of 21Amps? Also, do you use the default mixer table in GCS or have you changed the values to suit?

Hopefully changing to CAN will fix the esc32 disarming issue?

Thanks again

James
Jdmagoo
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:35 am

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:39 am

James: at Máximum expected weight each motor will take 3.5 Amps. A limitation to 10amps is more than enough to be safe.

About disarming, its not an issue. Its a protection of ESC32 to apply always good signal, never garbage. A lot has been discussed about that in that sense, mainly by Bill.

If you do correct calibrations and setup, you'd never have dissarming.
Follow recomendations done.
afernan
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby leopold1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Angel, just a fantastic machine!
How many KV are the motors?
You should start selling some frame kits.
leopold1
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 pm
Location: Belgium

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests