[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Hexa 777

Hexa 777

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Hexa 777

Postby afernan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Below some images of my next project.

Highlights:
- new design for motor/ESC32 bracket: by ALM (3D printed in ABS plastic)
- increase the arms length with same CF bars (330mm) up to 777mm motor-to-motor enabling 15" propellers (see the image)
- simple installing (reduction of 24 sets of long bolts/washers/nuts). Bracket fixed to bar by interference (pressure) and rotarion locked with a 2.5 screw (from below side)
- Easy access to ESC32 and FDTI connection.

Hope you like
Attachments
Captura.JPG
HEXA 777 prop 15x5.JPG
Last edited by afernan on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Re: Hexa 777

Postby chschmid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey Angel

Nice design.
BTW Shapeways prints nylon.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby afernan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi Christoff:

I have now several parts in Nylon from Shapeways (legs "T" joint) and in ABS (same part). I found Nylon more "fragile" than ABS that is a bit more flexible and resilient. Anyway both materials are great.

I´ve bought a 3D printer (Reprap Prusa i3 with alu frame) in kit to build at 530eur. I´ve been using one of a friend and I think is enough for me to start with and doing parts for AQ. I´ll have a "mounting chrismas"

Angel
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Looking good, Angel.

What about a hole on the top of the motor mount to run the wires through it?
So you don´t have to run the wires on the outside of the mount.
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes. Good idea. I´ll do that.

Angel
afernan

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 am

Hi James:

I´m also a newbie in 3D printing. I did a small trade-off aroung and used one of a friend (Reprap i2) with very good results for copter building. Christoff (chsmith) recomended me also a very good one, but prices are very high ("Ultimaker 2").

There are a number of low cost printers, in KIT that cost around 500eur and the quality is quite good for the copter building (and other). One of the more extended in the world is the Reprap Prusa i3, that there are docens of versions all around; all very similar in price. I selected the aluminium frame (more stiff and the fuser of 0.5 mm (0.3 gives more detail, but takes much more time to print). I bought mine here: http://ultra-lab.net/ (Spain, Madrid)

Hope this helps

Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:48 pm

Here we are: my first AQ 3D printed part.

About 1 week for building up the printer, and 2h for printing this part. Weight 28 gr. Dimensions are very accurate!. Only a few sanding to get inside the 16 CF tube with some pressure.

I´m really happy with the result.
Attachments
IMG_20131231_174133.jpg
afernan

End fitting solution

Postby afernan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:29 pm

This is my new end fitting solution for 16mm CF tubes for both motor and ESC32.
It´s a very solid 3D printed part (35gr). Tube It´s mounted by presure inside part. Rotation is fixed by one single bolt crossing both parts.

Is mounted in 1 min and access is very simple to motor and ESC32. This part enlarge the tube length by 80mm (up to center of motor). For instance u can mount 15inch props using standard 320mm tubes

3D file is available for any of you that would like it.

Angel
Attachments
IMG_20140103_160853.jpg
IMG_20140103_160733.jpg
afernan

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Very nice Angel.

Congrats. I wonder how it performs in the air.

Cheers

Christof
chschmid

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase