[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Hexa 777

Hexa 777

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Hexa 777

Postby afernan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:42 pm

afernan

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:55 pm

@Jdmagoo:

I used RcTimer 13x4 because it was the Maiden fligh and I didn´t want to risk the TMotor 12x4 ones. Anyway, RcTimer 13x4 are still OK, but it´s a better choice the TMotor 12x4.

About the flight time I got 24min record in this similar copter viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2693
This use RcTimer 5010 and 15x5.5 props, this is the best combination for endurance. Weight was the same this this Hexa (1.5 Kg dry, plus 500g for a 5000,4S batt).
afernan

Postby srinath » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Angel, did you get a chance to fly the design with the esc32 on the top side of the central plate?
srinath

Postby afernan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Srinath:

not yet because I´m still waiting for some manufactured parts (central plate mainly). Then I´ll transform present hexa in an HEXA "monoblock" with ESC32 in between two central plates, with end fittings "mono block" (see attached images). After succesfull flight of that staff, I´ll put retractable legs.
Attachments
Captura.JPG
Captura1.JPG
afernan

Postby srinath » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:49 pm

If the AQ is fixed using plastic standoffs, can we guarantee that all standoffs are exactly the same length ?
Slightly unequal standoffs could result in a small nonzero pitch/roll
For standard frames, with well calibrated AQ, if there were no mounting errors, it might be possible to fly with radio trim settings at 0 and that would be cool
srinath

Postby Max » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Max

Postby srinath » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Angel

If the 3D printed parts have to be converted to moulded plastic parts, what type and density of plastic should we specify?
I assume there are 100s of types of plastics and the right density and strength are crucial.

Srinath
srinath

Postby afernan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Srinath:
Density of ABS, the plastic used for 3D printing, is 1000Kg/m3 (same as water). ABS is one of the best plastics compromise for strength/weight parts (is the one used by LEGO bricks). LEGO manufacture the bricks from ABS powder applying pressure and hot. I don´t know other technologies of plastic molding.

But molds are expensive, and prototipe designs changes until they estabilize. So IMHO is not the right way to start a RTF production. I´d sugest you to start with a 3Dprinted parts until design is considered frozen (same process than software).
I´m still changing small details in my "quad monoblock", there is always place for improvement.

This "quad monoblock" design (see last status in attached figure) will be build by three different persons (Teramax, an australian guy and myself) with same drawings. After this experience I´m sure there will be changes. You are kindly invited to participate in this experience. This could be a good start point for your RTF AQ quad.

For your information, attached are also some pdf files with the 3D part list and the "asembly instructions" (only first pages by now). You can play the 3D model here: https://grabcad.com/library/multicopter ... 0AFD.3dxml

Best

Angel
Attachments
QUAD monoblock data.zip
(465.09 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
Captura.JPG
afernan

Postby srinath » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 am

srinath

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase