[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New German MR forum with AQ subforum

New German MR forum with AQ subforum

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

New German MR forum with AQ subforum

Postby kinderkram » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Here you go: http://multicopter.com.de

Hopefully someone will join me there so I´m not alone... ;)
kinderkram

Re: New German MR forum with AQ subforum

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 am

Well ... I´m having a bit of a hard time there defending the AQ against some DJI and APM fans. :lol:

At least the site admins decided to grace their logo with the reference Hexa:

kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:57 am

Well, my german is not good enough to make out all the finer details of that conversation, but I think you should post Mennos DIMU vid there in response to the question about making the setup easier.
JussiH

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 am

:) I can see what you mean yes, lots and lots of critical remarks. Most in relation with the price, calibration and beta status (let's change that).

The following list sums it pretty good IMHO;

Der klassische dji User findet es zu kompliziert
Der APM User muss überzeugt werden das das AQ soviel besser ist
Der Wii User findet das eh alles schnick schnack (GPS etc.)
Der KK User will kein Geld dafür ausgeben ..

So, in relation with the apm software functionality, the AQ does not bring more, only way better. But to compare it with the $100 apm is not realistic. The apm itself has also problems comparing it to their next generation 32 bits, same comments: why spend more for the same functionality.

The AQ is a technological project with so much (realized) potential. If you only see what Bill is building with the CAN and 2way communication oh boy.. Very exited, but that is not for a wide audience. So we cannot win that, we have a different audience.

With the Dimu we can probably convince some of the critics, although the mag still needs calibration, as does the ApM and Mwii too btw.
Out of the box flight like dji?, don't know and don't care but I can see that a lot would want that, but what if we would succeed in such a solution, than we still get critics I'm sure. The price is already down, but it would need to be in the 199 or something to get more attention, realistic? Nah. You can't will them all..
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:41 am

Jussi: I started the thread with mentioning the easier tare solution and embedded Menno´s vid in my second post.
Also mentioned the price drop and got beaten from both sides: "too expensive, too complicated" and "are you guys nuts dropping the price?" Strange controversy there... :?

Menno: Some asked me to compare the AQ to APM and Naza. My answer was like "if I tell you about the advantages of 32bit, fpu, ukf ... some will say we don´t care" - and exactly that happened.

No, you can´t please them all... :roll:
kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 am

We shouldnt try to please everyone. I have said it before, If people cant see the difference by looking at the vids, then they are better off getting some other controller, that will suit their needs for PnP.

Id rather sell to a smaller crowd that can appreciate the technical level of AQ, than trying to please a huge crowd that will never be satisfied, no matter what we do.
JussiH

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 am

Exactly what I told them. Got beaten up for being arrogant. :lol:
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 pm

chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Yah, thx! Feels much cosier now. :D

Looks like some need to repeat their worn out arguments again & again to confirm their disbelief...
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Norbert
Lets convince the critics.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Return to AQ Media Showcase