[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Retractable landing system for AUTOQUAD

Retractable landing system for AUTOQUAD

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Retractable landing system for AUTOQUAD

Postby afernan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I want to show you my new retractable landing system.

It uses a few CFRP plates and a couple of servos (4Kg.cm). It´s simple, light and cheap and it woks great, so ...what else!

It´s activated from AUTOQUAD 6.7 r254, using passthrought to channel 8 of a Futaba FP8 Tx. In legs-down position it´s selt-latching (legs can´t move unless the servo rotates) so, it´s rock solid when landing.

If someone wants the design, I´ll share it. I have a PDF drawing (scale 1:1), full CATIA model or some other 3D format

See this demo video:

Hope you like it!

Angel
Attachments
IMG_20131102_105820  small.jpg
Last edited by afernan on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Re: Retractable landing system for AUTOQUAD

Postby chschmid » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Congrats Angel. Very very nice.

Cheers

Christof
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:44 am

Yah, looking very good, Angel!
Thx for sharing it freely.

Only problem I see is the radio channels for guys who use ch7 for HF and ch8 for tilt passthrough.
Then theres no channel left for the retracts - unless someone codes a trigger: the servos get triggered as soon as the copter reaches lets say 1 or 2m altitude. :D
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:08 am

Norbert, Thats a good idea an very combenient!. I think it's easy to code.
Angel
afernan

Postby plexus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 am

Very good job , man!
Alain
plexus

Postby kinderkram » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Some screenshots from the video:

3.jpg
3.jpg (118.65 KiB) Viewed 18349 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (113.73 KiB) Viewed 18349 times

5.jpg
5.jpg (102.37 KiB) Viewed 18349 times

6.jpg
6.jpg (67.3 KiB) Viewed 18349 times
kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Some friends already showed interest. :D

To make the mount a bit more universal I have some proposals:

- Only use the first set of plates 8x but drill a long hole to match clamps with different sizes - maybe up to 20mm round tubes?
- For the servos keep the remaining part for the mount and again drill long holes to match clamps for other sizes.

6-1.jpg
6-1.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 18343 times

Your current version works for up to 16mm tubes (I guess) by changing the clamps except for the servo mount which you screw to the arms.
Ill try to pursade Boris to cut me a set to match my Hexa. ;)
Atm I dont need it but sooner or later my cam operator wants control over the 3rd axis. And Im not a friend of solutions where the whole landing gear is turning with the gimbal. Though its a simple solution (can be operated via servo directly attached to a channel of a separate radio) but the moving masses make it hard to fly. Especially when the masses arent equally distributed.

Thats why I prefer lightweight retracts like yours. 8-)
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:02 am

Thx, folks, for your interest!

I have the design in CATIA using parametric dimensions; that is, simply by changing one dimension (for instance, the tube diameter) all the design is automatically updated for that. So, it´s very easy for me to do other drawings, with other tube dimensions, servo attachement, etc.

Attached are the originals drawings in pdf and svg formats (for CNC cutting machine)

Please, feel free in posting your personal setup and I´ll do the drawing for you.

Angel.

PD. btw, I´ve designed a V2 retractable system, even simpler and cheaper, based on the known "servoless retractable motor" http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... retractabl

It´s working also very well! . See this video:

Compared with V1, there are some pro/cons for both :
- price and weight are close the same. V2 it´s a bit simpler to build. V1 is much nice
- V1 has still an open point: with "legs up", the servo is working all time (gets a bit hot, and draw some current, not too much). Latch in "legs down" is better than with V2
- V2: legs must be fully vertical in "legs down" to react the landing shock directly to the axis: don´t like. The fixation/torque transmision to the motor is only by friction in the axis: M3 bolt highly torqued. Don´t like too much.
Attachments
Retractable Landing 16mm tube.zip
(106.05 KiB) Downloaded 924 times
afernan

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Angel, those are way cool! Nice work!

Jussi
JussiH