[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - My new AQ-HEXA 800 class, cheap yet hi-performance

My new AQ-HEXA 800 class, cheap yet hi-performance

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

AQ-HEXA 800 class & retractable landing legs

Postby afernan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 pm

@Christoff:
Its exactly like that already. Thank you.
I'll attach some images of the real hardware (already done).

In deployed position it reacts very well the landing forces without transmiting it to the servo. They go directly in the servo axis direction.

Thanks for your comments.
Angel
Attachments
IMG_20131023_091527.jpg
IMG_20131023_091511.jpg
IMG_20131023_091425.jpg
afernan

Re: My new AQ-HEXA 800 class, cheap yet hi-performance

Postby chschmid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Wow, that was quick. Looks very nice.

Cheers

Christof
chschmid

Postby afernan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm

See thing moving:

Angel
afernan

Postby LPR » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Angel

Nice carbon machining work. The only way to perhaps make in a little lighter and better would be to use a smaller servo that can rotate 180 degrees.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby afernan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Atached some images and 3D models of my new AQ HEXA with retractable landing systems (view this post)

To view the 3D xml models, I hardly encorage you to use this incredible free software from CATIA developers:
http://www.3ds.com/products-services/3dvia/3d-xml/1/

With the viewer you have the whole tree, hide and reframe-on elemental parts. Attached imaged are hardcopies of the screen (you can move rotate like that)

Enjoy
Attachments
New Picture (2).jpg
New Picture (2).jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 11797 times
HEXA props 12x4.5 brazos alu tren RETRACTIL legs DOWN.jpg
3DXML models.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 689 times
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:30 am

New flight time record!

26min hovering in PH mode with 5000mA, 4S battery (even with hards wind!)

this combination of motors, propeller, hw and fw is awesom!

Angel
afernan

Postby teramax » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:38 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby afernan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:18 pm

1.5 Kg empty + 500g battery so 2kg total. Performance of this motors-propellers combination is the Best i've tryed. That was discoverd by Bill
afernan

Postby hollow » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Nice bird mate, but 26 min with 5000mAh? Any idea what was left in that pack out of the 5000mAh. Best I did with simluar setup what 'bout 21min.

Good job!

John
hollow

Postby afernan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi John:

there are a number of factors to get that long flight times, for sure. I can tell you someones:
- MAIN overall: combination of these especific motor/propellers
- the lightwigth of this Hexa (1.5Kg dry) and the big size (more stable, less control needed)
- the calibration of the FC (less control actions required)
- The batery itself. A lot of difference between batteries, even from the same manufacturer. I use to discharge before charging allways to know the energy loaded in each case.
- etc

Angel
afernan

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase