[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New Octo build

New Octo build

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: New Octo build

Postby teramax » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Chris, you know i am "beside Norbert" your biggest fan :D but dont you think you shooting with cannons at pigeons?

Dont get me wrong, but i love to see very quick as often as i can how my solder points are, how my cables look like and what the ESC_LED showes. Also a quick solution to plug in data wires to the esc is what i often need.
More often i find me touching the ESC proofing the temperature after flight or when changing batt´s.

All this is no longer possible on your build. So.....Hm? :roll:
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Hey Mäx

Thanks for your comment. I am building this octo with the goal of reproducability. So I was trying to avoid any parts that need hobby solutions. Furthermore I want durability and protection.

The access to the FDTI is just missing in the sample.

Otherwise I agree with you totaly.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks Tilman.
Without your tips and support it would have taken me much longer to cut a nice set.

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

Cheers
Christof

PS if someone is interested I would give my first construction away.
chschmid

Postby LPR » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Christof

You have a very interesting clamping method in this design. The need to retighten the arm clamps should be greatly reduced compared the more common clamps.

Larry
LPR

Postby Trnquill » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Tolerances in those clamps need to be quite tight. The clamps will not close too much even when tightening the bolts when the solid edge of one clamp is next to the slotted one of the other (two G shaped clamps mounted "mirrored" like you have). I have done similar clamps to camera gimbals but with two separate halves (like ordinary tube clamps). The parts need some external structure to keep them aligned, but the clamping power is excellent!
Trnquill

Postby JussiH » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:02 am

The clamp construction is very similar to what we did for the first versions of the AQSL6 and SLQ205 frames. A pain in the ass to cut and assemble, but produces very nice results:

aqsl6_800.jpg
aqsl6_800.jpg (155.38 KiB) Viewed 14459 times

There is 72 clamps, sized 10*6 mm in the AQSL6. I will never do that again - took me a full day to assemble and solder.... :lol:
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:41 am

chschmid

Postby afernan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 am

Hi Christof:

i just discover this post now, and ïm really hardly impresed about your work: It´s really awesom. A lot of inteligent and well done solutions.

Congratulations; can´t wait to see the machine in the air!

Angel
afernan

Postby chschmid » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Angel

Ist Tilmans idea. I just copied it because ist so clever (with Tilmans permission :D ) .

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Two of the Arms are finished. :D

I was reworking the whole powerdistribution. I added 6 more contacts for LED, CAN and PWM.

Cheers
Christof
Attachments
Arms 3.jpeg
Arms 3.jpeg (121.97 KiB) Viewed 14370 times
Connector 2.jpeg
Connector 2.jpeg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 14370 times
PD 3.jpeg
PD 3.jpeg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 14370 times
PD 6.jpeg
PD 6.jpeg (87.77 KiB) Viewed 14370 times
Powerdist 1.jpeg