[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - This is my "refference hexa" version

This is my "refference hexa" version

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

This is my "refference hexa" version

Postby afernan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am

This is my version of the Max´s refference Hexa copter.

I´ve looked for simplicily, efitiency and performance. It´s still on cleanning up phase but looks promissing.
In the attached file are all details and much more images.

Hope you like it.

Angel
Attachments
my refference hexacopter s.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 578 times
IMGP0203.JPG
afernan

Re: This is my "refference hexa" version

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:30 am

Yes, I like it! 8-)

Looks good - except for the ESC32s being exposed a bit.
Don't ask me why I always think of "what happens when I crash?" :lol:
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Yes, ESC´s are a bit exposed (but not too much).
Now I´ve protected them with a thick shrink tube only in case.

Angel
afernan

Postby LPR » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Angel

I'm sure it will fly like an angel. 8-)

I'm planning to take a small quad to Germany but I'm not sure how big of hassle it will be to carry a copter on an overseas flight. A month ago when I flew out of the country I found that lithium batteries have to be in carryon luggage only but a
the battery power hand drill had to be in checked luggage. A drill must look to much like a gun so I'll be sure not to make the quad look like a gun.

Larry
LPR

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Angel,Nice ship!!

Larry, there are restrictions :). There is actually a very detailed TSA article on that
http://safetravel.dot.gov/larger_batt.html
It is depending on the amount of lithium in the battery. I found that traveling to or from the US with a couple of 4S 5000 packs in carry on luggage wont give you problems although they often will call for a supervisor. The packs look very suspicious on x-ray, imagine a solid block with thick wires sticking out of it :)
I always came prepared, printed that article, labeled the packs with the amount of lithium in it and taping the output terminals..

Cheers,
Menno
joebar.rc

Postby LPR » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Menno

I've looked at the travel restrictions all ready and I should be fine. If the quad is ready by August 1st it will have a Dewalt 28 volt power tool battery and a VectorDD gimbal.
The idea is to keep the battery in the charger and be ready at a moments notice to do an aerial video. I should fly for around 7 minuets and the battery is the landing gear.
The quad has been flying with the 28 volt battery already but there are still a number of issues.

Larry
LPR

Postby sandmen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:48 pm

sandmen

Postby LPR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Peter

We can talk about this in Germany.
I built this quad for my brother and he has a lot of Dewalt batteries and not too many German batteries.

Maybe the next quad I could build with a better battery 8-).

Larry
LPR

Re: AW: This is my "refference hexa" version

Postby sandmen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 pm

sandmen

Return to AQ Media Showcase