[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIY Brushless Gimbal with AQ

DIY Brushless Gimbal with AQ

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

DIY Brushless Gimbal with AQ

Postby leopold1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:52 pm

This is my first attempt on a DIY brushless gimbal using the alexmoss controller.

The video shows a initial test but in the meantime I did some improvements but still have to upload the new video.
As you can see I have some vibes during takeoff but I think this is due to the downwash. After moving fast and coming to a standstill I also get some small vibes. And it was windy ;)

leopold1

Re: DIY Brushless Gimbal with AQ

Postby chschmid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:37 pm

I like your construction. Very nice build.
I the GF part an extra bearing support for the roll axis?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby leopold1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes, one of the modifications was a support with bearings for the roll motor.
All flat pieces are from Glass fiber and cut with dremel.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Another test flight with the mods installed. I still have some vibes when moving fast. But I'm happy with the overall result. Next thing I will try is an aluminium gimbal.

leopold1

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:53 am

joebar.rc

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Zelfs geblokt in Nederland???

Here's the same video without the music.
leopold1

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Niet alleen in Nederland - in Duitsland moet ik een Google proxy gebruiken om het te bekijken. ;)
kinderkram

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Here is a nice photo of my hex with gimbal in flight.
Thx to Roger for the picture.
He is flying Arducopter and was very impressed with the stability of AQ. Maybe I managed to recruit a new AQ owner ;)

leopold1

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:52 am

Well, no comments here except well done:).
Nice field btw...

Menno
joebar.rc

Return to AQ Media Showcase