[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ recovers from loose prop, GE render video

AQ recovers from loose prop, GE render video

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

AQ recovers from loose prop, GE render video

Postby Max » Wed May 22, 2013 4:12 pm

So, I was flying with a loose prop the other day... :)

The quad had just come off the bench after some tuneups and I guess I didn't tighten one of the props down enough. Had a couple surprises in flight... first time it did a quick dip, and I wasn't sure what had just happened. Instead of being sensible and landing right away, I did another pass, and this time the quad almost ate it. Turned out the prop was just a bit loose, so I guess it would slip and then grab again. Looking at the logs I could see it happening a few other times very quickly, but I didn't notice it in flight.

What was impressive about all this was how well the AQ recovered. At one point it was rolled ~85° and pitched ~35°. I wouldn't try this very often, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Here is a Google Earth render of the event from several angles and at different speeds. It's the right front prop that slips. Best viewed full screen.

Safe flights ;)

-Max
Max

Re: AQ recovers from loose prop, GE render video

Postby chschmid » Wed May 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Wow, see how it falls and turns before recovery, the luck was on your side this time.
I guess your hairy pilot just did a great job.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Return to AQ Media Showcase