[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Postby boriss » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:47 pm

just to go sure this was my config file for the transfer:

STARTUP_MODE 0
FF1TERM +1.55647e-07
FF2TERM +2.77971e-03
CL1TERM +1.64731e+01
CL2TERM -5.70213e-03
CL3TERM -1.37313e+00
CL4TERM +3.24563e-03
CL5TERM -4.82152e-01
START_VOLTAGE 2.00
MOTOR_POLS 14
SWITCH_FREQ 18.0
PWM_MIN_START 1100
PWM_MIN_VALUE 750
MAX_CURRENT 14.0
boriss

Postby boriss » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Okay narrowed it down. Set everything to default and the motors start up again. Than tested again by manually adding the calibration terms to the ESC and there seems to be the problem with the calibration terms the motors stop when throttle added.

I guess i did something wrong with the terms. Since it worked with these values already i guess i mixed one up, which i great since i can do the whole calibration over again !

Boris
boriss

Postby boriss » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:32 am

okay did the calibration again and now i have another problem. One of the ESCs i had to change and now i have a firmware difference 7 ESCs are running FW Version 1.4.3.5310 the one i did the calibration with has FW 1.4.5082 running.

Now can I use the calibration variables from the newer FW on the older version ? If I have to upgrade all ESCs to the newest version can this be done without setting the boot jumper ( I was reading that this works but only at a certain FW version)

If i have to set the boot jumped i will have to desolder everthing again which would be a bummer !

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby chschmid » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 am

Hi Boris

You can update your ESC FW with FDTI and QGC without using the bootjumpers.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby teramax » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 am

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby boriss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:39 am

all done. Resume the one wire trick of distributing all the ESC setting doesn't work for me. Some Varinbales were set others weren't, but whatever had to check anyways to go sure.

Started to do the dynamic calibration. Once again at my place in the garden and same old story the MAGs are just not exceptable ! Have to find a good place in vienna (hint) teramax :)

dynamic.png
boriss

Postby boriss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:49 am

finished bird for maiden. After firt flights i still have to do something with the PWM ESC connection. They are fixed at the moment but I want a plug system on the arms to they can be taken apart. Eventually should be able to take all four arms off and the landing gear and be able to pack things up in a small case. RX will be moved later just really want it in the air now and not design another parts etc.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG
boriss

Postby Max » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:53 am

Hi Boris,

Does the MAG noise change if you unplug the XBee? Or anything else, for that matter... :) QGC telemetry view is good for quick comparisons.

-Max
Max

Postby boriss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:04 am

I will try that max. But i always had these problems arround my house. I have 300 meters away 4 to 5 railways coming in with top power supply ( dont know how you call it in english) an i am pretty sure that messes it up. Was never able to get a good static log here at my place.

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby teramax » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 am

somehow everything can fly
teramax

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase