[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Postby boriss » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 am

Hi Guys,

taking on my next AQ build. Had a little decision phase which FC to use but since i see the most feature on AQ the decision was easy.

Features of the new Build.

- Small X8
- Removable Arms plug and play
- Wire rope vibration isolation, between the center paltes.
- Nacelles for the booms. Not sure yet but willing to experiment if they bring any advantage.
- ESCs at the motors mounts for optimal cooling.

Goal in general.

- Carry a brushless gimbal, Gopro to NEX*
- Long flight times, Pack on a 8000 mAh or 10000 mAh 6s
- 14 to 15 inch props.

I am aware that this setup might lead to low rpms and less stability in wind or descends, but in times of brushless gimbals
its not that important anymore in my eyes.

More important it a vibration isolation and that it really works ! Only finding to expensive solution or companies that weren't willing to sell their products to me :) it came to the point that i made them myself.

So everything start up with designing the center plates around the wire rope vibration isolators. The wire rope isolators can be produced with a 3d printer standard home PLA ABS extruding model.

X8smallbottom plate.jpg

X8smalltop.jpg

around this the rest was designed and created.

Wanted to have a clean distribution two cooper rings isloated by a 3d printed case.

X8smalldistro.jpg

Removable arms:

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

At the moment I am at this stage : 3D design is 2/3 finished, most parts are printed and vom acrylic plates are used at the moment instead of carbon that will come later.

AAAAX8small1.jpg

AAAAAX8small2.jpg

AAAAAX8small3.jpg

Actual progress touchable :)

photo 5.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 3 copy.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo aaa1.JPG

photoaaa 2.JPG
boriss

Re: Small X8, first build with 3d printer parts

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Boriss

Just interested in how your first X8 worked. I would guess that vibration from the props is causing some problems.
I'm considering building an octo with 15" props and overlapping the propellers some to keep the size smaller but I'm worried about vibrations.
Very impressive 3D printing. I might have to get me one of those printers.

Larry
LPR

Postby boriss » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Larry the TBS X8 is up and running. I just didnt use the AQ FC after all and stayed with the WKM. The AQ went on a Flyduino frame. It just made more sense to me to get to know the AQ etc and the TBS X8 just needs an FC that has a manual mode without autoleveling.

Didnt have a chance to test it to its fullest yet.

photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg (149.85 KiB) Viewed 15148 times

P1020620.jpg

P1020622.jpg
boriss

Postby LPR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 am

Boriss

Your copters are works of art.
Very nice.

Larry.
LPR

Postby boriss » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 am

Thanks larry ! Makes me happy to hear that.

Boris
boriss

Postby boriss » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:13 am

working on a case for the AQ.

I would be happy about suggestions. Gonna stick the thing on shapeways afterwards if it works nicely without any design fee BS :)

Think i should think of something for the plug of power, RX servo ESC, to additional secure them to the Case. Wanna have it in that way that you can screw down the top lid and not have the GPS on top or the option of adding the GPS module with the shield.

Lid is not on yet in all these pictures. Printing it as we speak :)

photo 1.JPG

boxAQ.png
boxAQ.png (114.18 KiB) Viewed 15045 times

Not the final look still gonna round edges add some stylish stuff no one needs but still fun etc.

photo 2SSSSS.JPG

photo 1CCC.JPG

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby artross26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:36 am

If you get this to work with reasonable flight characteristics let me know. I'd love
To have you build one for me.

Larry the TBS 8, was this a kit or something you fabricated .
artross26

Postby boriss » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 am

Hi Artose26,

the TBS is actually something I fabricated. I am sorry to say that i wont have the time to build for anyone since I have very limited time and the time i have i build for myself :) But if its a success I will publish all the files and 3d printed parts on shapeways that anyone can rebuild it.

Thanks for the thumbs up though, :) will keep me an hour longer in front of the drawing board :)
boriss

Postby boriss » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Actually wanted to wait for the UltraESC 6s version but cant wait anymore . So going with the ESC32 and 5s.

Parts are ordered carbons being milled and 3d printed parts from shapeways.

X8small1.jpg

X8small.jpg

I want to try custome made gel pads between the centerplate. Sandwiched in a carbon plate extended down to first hold the lipo and than a gimbal. Concerning this i have a question. Anyone any experiences with AQ copter that are bottom heavy will it be tuneable or a problem if the copter is not balanced on the z axis ?

X8small2.jpg

ESC32 on the side of the motors. The concept of the removable arms stay like shown before. !

X8small3.jpg

I am going to use tiger navigator series 3510-25 kv 360 either with 14 or 15 inch, any problems know them running with the esc32 should be fine or ?

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby kinderkram » Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Again very cool design, Boris. 8-)

Using the 360kV Navigators would be thrust enough even on a quad - the X8 will be a beast for sure.
Dunno anybody else using these so it's up to you to play pioneer. ;)
kinderkram

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase