[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - My First AQ Quad (HT Flip FPV frame)

My First AQ Quad (HT Flip FPV frame)

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

My First AQ Quad (HT Flip FPV frame)

Postby arachnida » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Hello,
my first AQ is almost ready.
Frame is a HT Flip FPV with Robbe Roxxy 2824-34 motors I took from an old MK. Receiver is Jeti to go with my MPX Evo 9 (Jeti 2.4 GHz modification) and N-FET 20A ESC's from Paul's shop. I also made a layer of aluminium foil inbetween the AQ top level and the bottom ESC and power level of the frame as some kind of EMI shield and grounded it to my PDB.

Still need to find some ferrite coils for the ESC data cables.

Need to find my dancing shoes now!

Greetings from Belgium,
Ivo
Attachments
006.JPG
arachnida

Re: My First AQ Quad (HT Flip FPV frame)

Postby axelnied » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

arachnida,

You are using ferrite rings? Interesting... As a "filter"?
I was reading a bit about it () and they suggest to put the ferrite ring as close to the ESC as possible! Is this what you are planning?

It appears that your ESC's are fairly close to the AQ FC, are there any concerns of ferrite impacting the performance of the flight controller?
axelnied

Postby arachnida » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello axelnied,

I once ordered SimonK flashed ESCs from the Portugal OP dealer and found the data cables having ferrite rings. The ESC I ordered now didn't have coils and are indeed close to the FC board. The servo style cables are hard to twist so I think the use of a ferrite coil is not a bad idea. Depending on how big they are I will put the coils as close to the ESC as possible. The ESC data cables are also way too long so this problem we be solved too.

I decided to put the ESCs at the lower part of the frame instead of on top of the booms. Cooling will not be a problem as they are over dimensioned in A and also I don't like to cut the motor wires as they are much harder to replace than on the ESC side. Also the ESCs are a bit more protected in case of a crash and disturb less the airflow under the props. The ESC are right where the booms connect to the frame and I hope my metal foil shield will keep most of the EMI away from the AQ.

The data on the ESC is at 400Hz, so the coils will not affect performance but filter out the spikes. (i hope!)

Ivo
Last edited by arachnida on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arachnida

Postby arachnida » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm

These are the ferrite coils I will be using.
Attachments
image.jpg
arachnida

Postby leopold1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Twisting servo cable is very hard.

A good alternative is weaving the seperate cables. Should work quite well.

leopold1

Return to AQ Media Showcase