[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Hexa build project

Hexa build project

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Hexa build project

Postby Michel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi Leopold,

I haven been watching your project and I would also like to build a similar quad or hexacopter able to carry a small DSLR of Canon HF-G10 camcorder..
Would you be willing to give me some more details on the exact parts you are using?

I am quit technical, but this would be my first hexacopter build and really need some direction :)

I'm also from Belgium.

Please post here or contact me via PM.

Kind regards,

Michel
Moderator on
Michel

Postby Michel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Hmm, as I am a newbie on this forum, I am restricted from writing or even answering the PM I got from you.

Have you got your project flying already?

Kind regards,

Michel
Moderator on
Michel

Postby leopold1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Not at the moment. Well it flies but I still have to do the dynamic calibration.
Due to work it will takes some time :evil:

As mentioned in my pm, the details of the HW are in the first post.
If you need further info, just shout ;-)
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Finally had some time to do the calculations.
Had some weird behaviour with step3 bit in the end it worked out. Luckely ;)

Perhaps it was the sd card that was bad afterall.

Ok, so I did my first maiden with the new calc's, default PID's and motor mix 50 -25.
It flew ok but when flying with an angle and then releasing the sticks it was very overcompensating when trying to regain stability.
I know that Rate D should be lowered but I wanted to check the default pid's with motor mix 66 -33.
The difference was quite noticable even with strong winds at the moment. It flew much better and when releasing the sticks it came to a nice halt. So the new mix works much better for me.

When the wind settles down I will try to play a bit with rate D and tilt angle P.

I'll keep you posted.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm

My windy maiden with default Pid's.
Just need a landing gear. Jussi ..... ;-)

Last edited by leopold1 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 am

If I look at the PID settings I see that MAgnetic declination is 0.
During the start of the calculation I had to put -0.7°.
Is this normal?

On the FCP center plate, there are leds mounted. Where do I connect them on the AQ board so I can visualy see when its armed, 3D GPS, etc . I'm using the hood.
Same question concerning the buzzer.

I would like to swirch my nav light on and off with my TX. I'm using a Specktrum receiver. Is it possible to activate a relay through one of the ports? Like for example using ch5 as gimbal control?
leopold1

Postby Andrej » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Andrej

Postby chschmid » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:15 pm

chschmid

Postby leopold1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Is there a seperate fw for JD I/O board? From Jussi?
Yep seems like a nice solution.
leopold1

Postby chschmid » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Here is the video
The code is in the download section.

Best
Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase