[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Tilman built a throne for the AQ

Tilman built a throne for the AQ

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Tilman built a throne for the AQ

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm

I wonder why he didn't already post it...
Tilman aka rosewhite developed a mounting solution for the AQ6/ESC32 together with a German electronix company.

Here's the piece of pure luxury with fat golden contacts and anything:

The bottom side

The top side

Mounted on a center plate

Gold is just good enough

Now ETA and now price so far...
kinderkram

Re: Tilman built a thrown for the AQ

Postby bluuu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 pm

I'am afraid about polimer fuses and all those connectors :/
For me ... simple is better :)

Power board isn't so good. It generate too much EMI/EMC noise, especialy on MAG :/ but ... I waiting for any tests.
bluuu

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 am

Is it really build by emcotec?, kudo's for that but now I fear for the price :)
I'm very curious what your findings will be Norbert concerning the noise because the high current side is indeed quite close to the mag.
But, man o man, it is so pretty !!
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 am

Tilman and emcotec finished the Logic Board for their luxury AQ Octo

http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... post338513

It will be presented by emcotec at the AERO fair in Friedrichshafen, Germany on April, 24-27th

http://www.aero-expo.com/aero-en/visitors/news.php
kinderkram

Postby Max » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 am

Um... WOW? :shock:

So when do the AQ team members get their free eval versions? :lol: I'd put mine in a glass case...

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Thats about what I was dreaming of. As soon as the board is available I will start up my CNC and join the octo club.

Best

Christof
chschmid

Postby JussiH » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 pm

I spoke with Tilman yesterday, and he will send a sample to me. As soon as I get it, I will begin a new "monster-octo" build with it.

I think his plans is to only supply this board with complete RTF copters.
JussiH

Postby kinderkram » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Now he's really overdoing! :lol:

I mean there's a say "sex sells" but ... hell what will my Mom think???

Luxury AQ X8 presented at the AERO 2013 in the booth of emcotec.

Man, I don't want to be in Tilman's shoes hanging around at a fair, belagered by ready-to-fly models.
Um, wait...
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Nice Props!
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:30 am

Oops, there is a thread about our work and I didn't notice it so far. :)

@bluuu: A power board is better than wires to avoid EMI noise since you have control over it if you know how to design it well. Emcotec promised me that all that may produce EMI are the ESCs themselfes and after several test flights I can confirm: We have a very low noise of about 0.3 on all 3 mag lines which is absolutely even and doesn't increase with throttle/drawn amps. An almost perfect result which will be repeatable on any copter.

The logic board between ESC board and AQ will control the copter status and will trigger a failsafe at the AQ in case of irregularities. Key features are:
- monitoring of up to 4 batteries
- monitoring of 8 ESCs/motors (we found the ESC32 self monitoring so good that we simply pick up the status LEDs by opto-coupler)
- monitoring diversity signal from 2 receivers
- PWM outputs with each 6V 5A for big servo driven gimbals
- onboard XBee Pro for wireless communication
- 2 LED-outs for status signalling system health status

There will be a 4 channel oring added to control the batteries. A critical battery will be completely disconnected so that the voltage remains stable in any case. Depending on how many mA are left (counting drawn mA is more precisely than using a voltage divider) the mission will be aborted (RTH) or the copter will try to reach a predefined emergency landing place.

The reason for making these boards is to get the hardware to industrial standard. This means for example no wires with unsafe connections like servo plugs. Everything is connected through secured sockets but can be replaced without tools or soldering within minutes, if necessary. It also means safe fallbacks in case of a malfunction of our boards. Even if the software fails completely, the copter will still fly. AQ and ESCs will work like there was no additional electronics.

Jussi and Norbert will get a complete set of our boards after the software is finished, so they can check out our work. As Jussi already mentioned, these boards won't be available for end customers. We will only supply them with our RTF copters.

By the way: This is the latest X8 with Tiger MN3510-15 and Tiger 15x5" CF props. It will be exposed together with one of our flat octos at the maker faire Hannover at August 3rd.

Some specs:
total weight: 2.200g
AUW with 2x 4S 3300mAh: 2.980g
span width: 70cm
max thrust: 15.440g
...or in other words: good for some payload ;)

We still have a lot to test. This spring's long bad weather period really stopped any progress. There are still some minor things to improve and the software hasn't been finished yet. I hope we will be ready in late summer.
r0sewhite

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase