[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Hexa, New Year, New Love

Hexa, New Year, New Love

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Hexa, New Year, New Love

Postby chschmid » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:37 pm

First Nav flight in position hold.

Comments for fine tuning are very welcome. There was a slight drop in altitude after engaging PH (stick centered).

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby bluuu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Could you write some details ? (weight, motors, props)
and ...
could you write your PIDs ?
bluuu

Postby chschmid » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Bluuu

Hope you like it....
1045 Carbon Fiber Propeller CW&CCW (PR1172)
T-Motor MS2216 900KV (PR1226)
Standard PID's
Some more Info is here:

The Props are a bit small or the Motors KV to low for 3s but the result is good.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Congratz, Christof! 8-)

You're not that far away from a perfectly tuned hexa.
Love the LEDs on the legs!

Yes, please post your PIDs and what you already have done to get rid of the drop.
Or are these stock settings?
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:41 am

Thanks Norbert

The LED's on the legs show the GPS status. Slow flash for no GPS lock, fast flash for 2D lock, constant on for 3D lock.
The vid was with stock settings. I did not tune them yet. Thats up for today.
Maybe I start with raising NAV_ATL_SPED_I from 2.85 to 2.90.
Any suggestions for position and altitude accuracy are very welcome.
chschmid

Re: Hexa, New Year, New Love, New Cam

Postby chschmid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 pm

After experimenting with the Sony DSC RX100 I found that the cam shuts off after 3min when using the HDMI port while recording a movie. This is a non documented feature that sony confirmed.

The alternative was the CX730, but it is a lot heavier. 550gr compared to 220gr of the RX100. To carry that weight I had to move to 12 x 4.5 props instead of the 10 x 4.5 to keep the flight time 10min and to lift the extra weight.

Due to the weight and size of the CX730 I had to redo the Gimbal 30mm longer and also adjust the CG. At the same time I changed the servos to Futaba S9451. And that did the trick. :D

The calibration of the ESC32 gave me some headache. Using FW 1.4 I had to go to GCS 1.0.5. But the one wire secret for loading the params to the other 5 ESC seems not to work with FW 1.4.
After my first flight on sunday the hexa did not perform very well. The reason was 5 ESC32 with old cal value and one with the new (12x4.5 prop) values. So I updated the other 5 by hand.

Today I could try the new setup.
Have a look youself. Standard PID's and settings. Except Factor Throttle set to 710 and Tilt Rate D to 6900.

Best
Christof
Last edited by chschmid on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chschmid

Postby teramax » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Wow, impressive, smooth and good looking, well done.

You rely drive 12" props with the T-Motor MS2216 900KV and 3s?
I am worried with my 11x4 that they get to hot.
Whats the AUW of your hexa?
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby chschmid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks for the flowers. But it's more the AQ that performs so well. It just needs a precise frame et voila.

No problem with the 12x4.5 props. The motors just draw 5.5A @ hover and thats more than within the spec.
Whats AUW?
I added the basic calcs which are prooven to be right by measurement in flight.

Best

Christof

Antriebsdaten Hexa.pdf
(130.07 KiB) Downloaded 1177 times
chschmid

Postby teramax » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 am

All Up Weight, "fix und fertig zum Abheben" ;)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby chschmid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Last week I tried some different motormixes according to another thread.
Stadard PID's, tilt rate D 6900, throttle factor .71
Calm day.
I found the following
25/50 mix gives nice hover in manual and PH. mot_pitch and mot_roll are clipped, mot_mot out 1-6 are fine. (flight 1)
33/66 mix results are shifted less clipping mot_pitch and mot_roll, more clipping mot_mot.
50/100 mix less clipping mot_pitch and mot_roll, more clipping mot_mot. (flight 2&3)

The overall performance of the hexa was nice with all mixes.

In very gusty wind the day before with 33/66 mix, it was more likely to loos yaw the higher tilt rate D was.
@ trD 4500 the hexa held yaw.

Now, how does an ideal LOG look. Maybe someone can post a LOG of a well tuned hexa as a reference. It is very hard to find the best PID's when flight performance is well with different settings. It would help to refer to a "ideal" LOG.
Thanks
Christof

Hexa LOG 27.3.2013.jpg

Gusty wind 33/66
Hexa LOG 33-66 very gusty wind.jpg
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase