[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - my quad project

my quad project

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: my quad project

Postby afernan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Cartti, some vids here:

Angel
afernan

Postby cartti » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm sure this is wrong subforum to post this, but as you already know the quad i tought it would be better to post this here.

So.. Couple days of pid tuning and its getting better and better.. I only have this one problem with x and y gyros.

I would say around 1 out of 3 times i try to plug the power and try to take off i immediately notice there is something wrong. It is like "nope, you don't have x and y gyros". After reconnecting power the gyros may work again or not. I tought yesterday that it would be due vibration, but today started really investigating it and you do notice it even when you have just enough power to spin props (control inputs are VERY touchy). Yesterday gyros completely stopped working and refused to work again no matter how many times i reconnected power. This morning i decided to get log files with this problem and boom - gyros were back again. There is no enviromental changes (temp etc) as i work inside an nearly empty industrial hall.

So these logs are from today. This first one is more or less successful tuning test flight.
working.jpg
working.jpg (72.96 KiB) Viewed 10388 times

In this one nothing has been changed. Just disconnected power - smoked a cig - power on - no gyros. It took 3 power ups to get it working again.
notworking.jpg
notworking.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 10388 times

Any ideas what is going on here?
cartti

Postby cartti » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Found some more weirdness while looking at log files. Voltages 0, 1 and 2 when X and Y gyros are working and when they are not.

While it does work all three voltages are around 1,3-1,35V
voltage012_2.jpg

And when not working Z is still at normal level, but X and Y is over 3V. Regulators acting up?
voltage012_1.jpg
cartti

Postby LPR » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 am

Cartti

I have not seen this gyro behavior. Are you moving the copter while you plug in the battery. You must not move it for five seconds after you plug in the battery.

I'll be out of the car and back home in an hour. Using my copter I'll see if I can reproduce your log.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby LPR » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:32 am

Cartti

I tried to cause gyro problems by moving the copter as I plug in the battery. I found that it only made a small difference in the attitude of neutral hover. With earlier firmware it seemed to make a big difference. I'm using 6 r37 now.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:01 am

Cartti

Jussi is the one you can ask for info on your gyros. If the problem is the AQ board he will find a way to get it working for you.

Larry
LPR

Postby JussiH » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Sometimes the gyros will not initialize properly and you get this exact symptom. Its not a HW problem- we are working on it!
JussiH

Postby cartti » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Quick demo. Phone microphone aplifies the sound a lot since there is no background noise. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVX6CpanN-c
cartti

Postby Kisssys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby JussiH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Carrti, can you update on this. Are you still having gyro problems?

I may have been to fast in ruling out gyro malfunction, if they show problems on the voltages, there could be a problem with the X/Y gyro. If thats the case, I will replace them for you under warranty.

Sry, too many projects and posts to keep track of.
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase