TK4 - Build

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: TK4 - Build

Postby Max » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Beautiful build, love it. Does the floating plate hold the battery and the gimbal? Very clever! It's hard to get all the sway out of the gimbal with a suspension plate system like that, even though it does help with vibration isolation, so weighing the whole thing down with the battery is a great idea.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby ThinMan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Thank you, but servos are out now. I know, i must reconstruction the gimbal with brushless-motors. unfortunately.

Now, i found a detail-photo from the bottom side of the core from the TKY 8 (same core as the TK 4):

Carbon Alu Mix.jpg

Its a sandwich of 6 mm. Carbon, alu and PA2200. I mean, for the outer motorarm clamps. And the alu gives the CP`s extra rigidity.

ThinMan
Last edited by ThinMan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThinMan

Postby Max » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Just because a new technology exists doesn't mean the old technology ceases to function... ;)
Max

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 am

For the moment Tillman I don't think servo based gimbals are out.
If you change camera or even a lens you need to balance a brushless gimbal, not on a servo gimbal so I think for the moment they can co exist :)
joebar.rc

Postby ThinMan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 am

hello!

I am not Tillman, my name is ThinMan. I am only a little light, not a copter guru.

I think, my gimbal is fully tunable and it functions with brushless motors too:

Gimbal mit Einstellrichtungen.jpg

ThinMan
ThinMan

Postby Kisssys » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:03 pm

joebar.rc wrote:For the moment Tillman I don't think servo based gimbals are out.
If you change camera or even a lens you need to balance a brushless gimbal, not on a servo gimbal so I think for the moment they can co exist :)

I agree with Meno on servo's, the brushless gimbals seem to do a great job on very small camera's which are easy to keep from moving and to balance perfectly and with wide angle lenses that masks the vibration very well anyway. For larger camera's we're still stuck with servo's. I see a few that have balanced some larger Sony's but they had BOSS turned on so hard to tell how well it was doing. Using a separate sensor for attitude helps because you generally have the camera isolated as best you can from the main frame for vibration.

It's only a matter of time before the brushless catch up as proper motors are designed for the specific purpose.

I'm not convinced that Direct Drive is really that important, just speed and accuracy. Their are millions of machines that are fast and accurate that don't have direct drive.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Not sure how long the servo driven gimbals will last.
Alex just showed a video with a 3rd axis with a DSLR Canon:

Look at the cheap components he used - with yaw dropping results.
This comes close to the 15.000$ MÖVI...
kinderkram

Postby ThinMan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes, very conclusive.

ThinMan
ThinMan

Postby Kisssys » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Very very impressive, as soon as I see it on a copter with a narrow field of view I will order one. Maybe soon.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Previous

Return to AQ Media Showcase