[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Drowned my Dex quad...and filmed the fish instead

Drowned my Dex quad...and filmed the fish instead

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Drowned my Dex quad...and filmed the fish instead

Postby JussiH » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:40 am

Went flying at a local castle ruin with my Dex Autoquad. Unfortunately, I got so absorbed, I forgot to check telemetry for battery level :oops: .....Filming fish with a Multi was definately a new experience!

Luckily Dennis Frie came to the rescue and dived in after it the day after. What a champ!!! :D

Here is the Vid shoving the whole thing. Including some fish, me fishing for it with a garden tool on a rope (actually got pretty close as you can see)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEXA3kz ... ature=plcp

In retrospect, it would probably have helped to actually make it waterproof by sealing up the motor wire holes....but I forgot when I changed motors recently. You can hear how it fills up with water and sinks to the bottom.

Here are some pictures of the electronics after 20 hours of soak - the stuff that looks like battery acid oxidization actually cleaned right off using a toothbrush and some alcohol. Its drying out now - will test it in a few days.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
JussiH

Re: Drowned my Dex quad...and filmed the fish instead

Postby mr_westie » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:13 am

So the Camera is actually water proof :D

Be interested to see what survives.
I would imagine the baro would be gone.
GPS too unless you can get under the cover to give it a proper flush.

Electrolysis is fun to watch in a test tube, not when it is happening on your expensive electronics at the bottom of a dirty pond :(

What I will be using to waterproof my final build.
http://www.corrosionx.com/corrosionx.html
Rain won't stop me flying :)
mr_westie

Postby bn999 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:25 am

Based on experience, the FETs will not be reliable after such a plunge. However, most everything else might be salvageable.
bn999

Postby GoFaster » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry about the dunking of your AquaQuad :)
Glad you were able to retrieve it.
GoFaster

Postby kinderkram » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:00 pm

If you get her airborne in that condition we'll have the proof that the Lady is reeeally tough! ;)
Hope the electronix weren't harmed too much.
kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Attachments
Vin.jpg
JussiH

Postby kinderkram » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Ýah, it's priceless.
Other than the fishing scene you've shown a very smooth AQ with a hard mounted GoPro.
Guess what this would look like with a gimbal and a better cam.

There are some nice pictures in your video like the "captain on the bridge" at 3:50 and those when you were flying against the sun. 8-)
kinderkram

Postby nikivan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 am

Yeah, the video is priceless :)

I had two minor crashes with AQ because of depleted battery, I guess I am just too used to my MK buzzer alarm. Seeing other people getting into the same situation, I was wondering if something could be added to the main code trunk. We have so many unused ESC ports, perhaps we could connect a buzzer?
nikivan

Postby chschmid » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 am

Hi nikivan
it's right here :.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby GoFaster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 am

I use one of these. Very loud, I can hear it 200m downwind.

GoFaster

Return to AQ Media Showcase